"how I killed my pregnant ex-girlfriend" a short story | Teen Ink

"how I killed my pregnant ex-girlfriend" a short story

November 22, 2011
By j.s.tucker GOLD, Eden, North Carolina
j.s.tucker GOLD, Eden, North Carolina
13 articles 0 photos 13 comments

“Josh I’m pregnant.”




“What? You can’t be serious. I thought you were on birth control, that’s why we didn’t use a condom!” I said. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I couldn’t have a baby. Not now. My parents would kill me and it would ruin all of my future plans. I’m supposed to go to college and then graduate and get some high paying, big shot job. Not be going to the local community college for a few hours only to go to some fast food joint fixing burgers to take care of some snot nose kid.


“I know you’re scared josh. I am to, but we can get through this. This will bring us closer together. We can get married, get a little place of our own, and get jobs. We can still go to school at the community college, they have day care,’ she said. She had to be kidding me. That’s one of the reasons I broke up with her in the first place She’s so naïve. We broke up weeks ago but she hasn’t let it go. I saw her one night at a party, I was drunk and didn’t think much of hooking up with her. It was a one time thing, we were still broking up. Just because we had sex in the back seat of my car one night didn’t mean that I wanted her back.


“I’m kind of glad this happened,” she said. “It must be fate right? This is obviously supposed to bring us back together. Don’t you see josh? We’re perfect for each other,” she finished. That’s when I snapped. That’s when I lost all control. There was no way I was about to let some love struck eleventh grader ruin my life. I charged her and tackled her to the ground. I swung wildly at her face and then targeted her stomach hoping that I could kill whatever was already growing inside of her.


That had been the plan, to kill the baby, not Stacy. But once I started I just couldn’t stop. It felt good to pound away at her. It felt good to release all my anger. So that’s how I killed my pregnant ex- girlfriend. I beat her to death and honestly I would do it again. So here I am on death row. I was tried as an adult even though I am only seventeen. I hadn’t covered my tracks well enough. I left to much evidence lying around. They probably would have nailed me either way. Her parents knew she had come to my house that night. The last night they ever saw her.


Oh yeah, sure I’m a monster and I deserve to die, but you don’t know how it feels. You don’t know how it feels to let loose and just pound away at someone’s life. To have another person’s life in your hands is exhilarating. It makes you feel like god. For god giveth and taketh away right?