Me In A Mask | Teen Ink

Me In A Mask

December 13, 2011
By BadGirl GOLD, Dacula, Georgia
BadGirl GOLD, Dacula, Georgia
13 articles 10 photos 56 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'd rather be HATED for who I am
then be LOVED for who I'm not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All I need is for someone to say "I believe in you."


It was dark and humid as I was walked along the sidewalk. I was in Central Park, alone. The moon was full and the stars were twinkling in the night sky. My eyes began to play tricks on me. Shadows were behind trees and I expected someone to jump out from behind one. I began to walk faster with the safety of home in mind. I could hear a dog barking off in the distance. I walked past horses hooked to carriages and past the Alice in Wonderland sculpture. That was when I heard the scream from behind me. A women's scream. I turned, but couldn't see much. It was too dark. I could barley make out the two figures a few yards away. Icicles ran down my back. What should I do? I began to panic.
The women yelled for help. But what could I do? The person that was terrorizing the women looked up at me and began to run in the apposite direction. I didn't catch but a glimpse of his face, but it seamed really pale. Without thinking I ran after him/her. I ran past the women who was now in tears and shock. What had that person done to her? I didn't even see them when I walked passed. I ran through the dark shadows that I had been afraid of. I couldn't see the person anymore. Where did he/she go? I stopped and my eyes scanned the darkness. Butterflies spun around in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't see him/her anymore, and that scared me. Why did I run after him/her? I began to back up when I saw a figure jump and flee from the bushes. I started to run again. The chase was on, again. While I was running I saw a baseball lying on the ground. I paused and I picked it up. When I was right behind the person I swung the bat. It hit his/her side and the person collapsed on his side but his/her face was up.
The person was wearing a mask, so I couldn't see their face. Blood began to trickle down the persons face and it also began to peek through the shirt of the thief. Had I hit the thief that hard? But I didn't hit the face. What was I going to do? I bent d own and removed the mask. I gasped and took a step back.
I was lying on the ground.
Blood staining my shirt and skin.
H-how was this possible?
I crouched back down next to my body. Blood from my forehead had trickled down over my closed eyelid, making a straight thin red line over my eyelid. I checked the pulse on my body and I nearly fainted.
I was dead.
I had killed myself.