The strange creature | Teen Ink

The strange creature

By 9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia
9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall into a sewer hole and die."

The night was deadly silent, but then it came. Creeping from the edge of the forest, the strange creature slowly approached the village. “Theeeee potion.” The creature whispered. “Youuuuu mussst get it! I willlll award youuuuuu greeeeatly!”

“Yessssss master.” There was another slither. Sliding along the forest ground, it looked curiously at the happy villagers. They were having a magnificent festival.

“I know what to do!” Hissed the snake. Every minion of the strange creature had followed the snake. The snake slid into the middle of the village with all the monsters behind it. They all jumped on villagers, making them scream in horror as the monsters teared the people from limb to limb. The other surviving villagers saw the bones of the dead bodies, and panicked.

Tables flipping, food splattering, the festival was a disaster! One by one, the minions devoured the poor villagers. Suddenly, a strong man, muscles bulging, appeared from behind a cottage. The snake hissed and lunged straight at him.

The strange creature was watching the whole scene, concealed in the darkness of the forest. It gasped in terror at the strong man. The snake, before it could even touch him, sputtered a stream of blood from its forked tongue, never to awake again. The other monsters slowly retreated back to the forest, seeing their leader dead, lying on the floor.

But, the creature was so persistent that it did not give up. It raised its gigantic head, and rushed forward to the strange man. Jaws opening, it lunged forward. As if in slow motion, the man raised a knife to the creature and cut it in half. The creature laid on the floor with the snake.

Sitting at a table, the man slowly drank a few bottles of bear, and dropped to sleep. Never did he know that the creature had grown another head, and was heading slowly toward him.

cool, eh?