The stranger | Teen Ink

The stranger

By m.avelar BRONZE, Bedford, Kentucky
m.avelar BRONZE, Bedford, Kentucky

Everything happens for a reason don't ever forget that.

Running through the woods isn’t as fun as I thought it would be, but when you’re running to stay alive, you find a way to keep going. Until you can’t and it’s like your whole body goes numb and you just can’t move anymore. Then that’s when I hear his voice and I freeze, not even wanting to breathe because I fell like if I do he will find me and it will be over. I just can’t let that happen.
And then I see him, I try to stay as still as possible and I really hope he can’t see me and then he stops and says “ I will find you there’s no one who knows this place better than I do. You won’t even make it out alive! If you’re lucky Alex you’ll survive the night and I’ll let you because starting tomorrow, I’ll hunt you down and well you know the rest.” He said it with a smile on his face and then he disappeared and it felt like the whole world stopped for a moment and now it’s moving again. I need to get as far away from here as possible.
I’ve been running for what seems like hours. The sun starts to rise slowly and I decided that it’s a perfect moment to sit down and take a break. I go and sit down on a rock to breathe for a couple of minutes, when I hear something in the bushes and a wild dog runs out and I start to back up when it charges forward , so then I take off running and find the nearest tree and start to climb it. I’m half way up when the dog jumps up and bites my ankle and it’s like I’m screaming and no one can hear me. I kick the dog with my other leg and climb all the way up the tree.
I try to relax but I just can’t, I keep thinking that he heard me scream and I hope he didn’t and then I keep thinking about my leg and how bad it hurts. I just can’t take it anymore, and then I pass out…
When I wake up, I take a look at my leg and I noticed that I lost a lot of blood. So I rip a piece of my shirt and wrap it around my ankle. I noticed that the dog is gone, so I climb down slowly because I can barely move my leg. When I got down off of the tree, I found a stick to use as a cane to help keep pressure off of my ankle. I start walking as fast as possible to get away from the tree because there’s blood everywhere and I also lost a lot of time when I passed out.
I keep walking and walking until I can’t take the pain anymore. So I have to sit down and check out my leg. When I unwrap my ankle I noticed that the dogs tooth is stuck deep inside my ankle I try to pull it out but it’s just in to deep. So I grave my bobby pin, take a deep breath and jam the bobby pin in to lift the tooth up as much as possible and then it’s closer to my reach so I pull the tooth out and drop it on the floor and I just couldn’t take the pain anymore so I screamed!
If he didn’t already here me scream when the dog bit me I’m pretty sure he did now. So I wrap my leg back up and started to walk, the sun looked like it was starting to set so I kept walking, trying to get a better view of the sun since I probably won’t make it through another night.
And then I hear his voice say “It took me forever to find you, I didn’t think you would actually make it this long to tell you the truth. I’m impressed usually when I give my victims a chance to run for their life’s they never make it until morning. I either kill them or an animal bets me to it and I guess that one got you but you made it so congrats. It just sucks that you have to die too. Do you want me to do it fast because I can” he said
What is wrong with you, if you want to kill me you can try, but I’m not going down without trying to fight for my life first. “You know I tried being nice and not kill you, when I had the chance because I saw you that night!” Why are you doing this, I never did anything to you, I don’t even know who you are? “No one has to have a reason anymore, isn’t life supposed to be fun?” Not of it’s illegal! “Well, it’s not illegal if you don’t get caught!”
Then he walks closer to her and Alex picks up her stick and try’s to use it as a weapon but he just laughs and graves it and throws it to the side. She tries to find something else when he knocks her to the floor and she punching him and it’s like he’s immune to her punching and then he slams her head on the floor.
She’s dizzy for a moment and then she finds a rock and hits him in the head she kicks him and he falls back. She gets up and finds a big stone holds it over his head she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes and she’s about to let go when he rolls to the side and kicks her in the chest. She drops the stone, he gets up and pulls his knife out and she screams…….

letme know what you think please