SPY SEARCH | Teen Ink

SPY SEARCH

March 29, 2013
By Lydia3 BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
Lydia3 BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
1 article 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always Expect The Unexpected For It Most Likely Won't Happen"


I was only seven years old when my dad told me he was a spy, I told everyone at school that my dad was a spy and guess what they all said well they laughed right in my face and the girl I liked thought I was a weirdo she stopped talking to me not even a hi but I quickly got over that and what everyone was saying when I went to the second grade but I had to change schools because the rumor (which wasn’t a rumor at all well that’s what my dad told me). When I asked my mom she told me somethings my dad tells me shouldn’t get to my head so fast and then she told me to go to my room and play.

I was really confused but last week well I think it was last week. My mother and aunt were talking and it wasn’t about shopping or doing their nails it was about my mom and dad getting a divorce. I ran up to my room not to hear any more I was hoping what I heard was just a joke or a lie or something that was not and would never happen. Even at eight I already knew what divorce was an like most kids at my school.

(ONE YEAR LATER)

I was nine when my parents finally sat me down and said that they needed to talk to me about something very important to my surprise I was really stocked to hear that because what they told me was not good news non bad news well that’s what they told me. They were all like:
my mom: hey honey come here, me and your father want to tell you something very important.
My dad: yes son hmm we thought about how to go about this but to our surprise things didn’t work out
my mom: well sweet heart its really hard for us to tell you this but hmm...._
my dad: your mother and I are going to be living in separate houses
my mom: we'll be separated for a while
me: WHAT WHY why I’m I going to pick which parent I have to live with huh do I?
my dad: no son please sit back down we've decided that your going to be living with your mother and one the weekend you’ll come over to my place OK
me: ooh
I stood up and ran to my room I had nothing else to say to my parents. I didn’t have anything bad to say or anything good to say. I just wanted to be alone for a while and my parents knew that. After a few hours my dad came to my room and he just walked right in with out knocking acting like nothing happened. I could hear his voice was sad and sorry like but I wasn’t giving in, I was not going to go on acting like these nothing wrong with my family. Instead of having a seat he stood next to my desk which made me think he wasn’t going to have a one hour talk with me but so it begun he started, “well I’m sorry *sigh* son I know this is hard for you but me and your mother didn’t know what to do this might not make sense now but when your older it will and please son don’t be mad at us we both want the very best for you we've tried really hard to make things work but it seemed the more we tried the more things didn’t work out *sigh* I just hope you feel better OK your mother is making a special plate for you.”

After a few minutes my mom came in and put my plate of food on my desk she said she loved me and hoped that I felt better then she left. When my mom left I started wondering why my parents would ever think of living in different homes when they have me but I guess that doesn’t matter to them anymore because well... GOSH I just want to know why all this happened.

That night I didn’t eat much of my food I didn’t feel like it at all. I was in a deep depression funk. So I thought of all the ways I could try to well fix my “depression” if there any thing like that, I later got my dad's laptop so I could get online and play Black ops 3 ( yes I said black ops 3). But this little chat thingy kept on popping up and saying “WE HAVE TO PUT THE PLAN IN MOTION SIR” I was very curious so I kinda sorta started acting like my dad but I said (me pretending to be my dad)
me: sorry my son and I was playing and he hit me really hard on my head whats happening?
He then told me that his name was Dr. Anderson and so our conversation continued …
me: tell me more please every detail I need to know right now
Dr: well we only have so much days to launch the plan into motion and im pretty sure you of all people would remember the plan right?
Me: not really just tell me and I might remember
Dr: sir this is not a joke you were supposed to be filling in the papers for all this I already have the seven guys who are going to get in the plane. Most of them are new but have been trained very well …
me: you still haven’t told me the big plan yet Anderson I need to know
Dr: TO BLOW UP THE CAPITAL
In my head I was like WHAT IN THE WORLD IS MY DAD DOING WITH THIS GUY talking about blowing up the capital that was insane and I'm pretty sure they all thought so but just to think that my dad was the one behind all this his ricking his life doing this maybe that’s why my parents want to separate but is it really? I had zoned out for a few minutes just thinking about what Dr. Anderson was saying.
(WILL BE CONTINUED)


The author's comments:
A young boy who finds out that his parents are no longer together and will be living in separate homes and then later finds out that his dad is a sky planning to blow up the capital.