The Closet | Teen Ink

The Closet

September 27, 2013
By 48Dragonwriter GOLD, Wildorado, Texas
48Dragonwriter GOLD, Wildorado, Texas
12 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”


I check the closet everyday, I never know what I will find next. The first time I found something in the close,t I was surprised to find a notebook with the same strange markings that were on the door. The notebook had a latch on the side that needed a small key to open it, and even though I checked the closet from top to bottom but there was no key. The next day I went back to the closet and opened it. Inside was a small key that fit in the latch perfectly. Opening the notebook I found instructions on how the closet worked. The closet only let those it found worthy, open it. The closet stored things in a separate dimension from ours and it could get these things at a moments notice. As I read the notes I found out that if you wanted the closet to give you something all you had to do was ask, not out loud but in your thoughts. The closet has become my safe haven and my friend. A few weeks after discovering the closet I hid in it to escape from my cousins. When the door closed the closet was dark and thankfully there was nothing else in it. After awhile I opened the door, and instead of being in my house I was in a small canyon. I turned to the door and glared at it.
"You could have told me we weren't at home," I told the closet. A slow groan was emitted from the depths of the closet. An answer to my statement. Yes I could talk to the closet and sometimes it talks back.
"Will you take me home when my cousins are gone....Please." The closet did not answer me right away, but the closet answered quietly. I explored the canyon but found nothing but a pool of water big enough to swim in. After a time the closet called me back and as I entered I new that this would be my friend and my tool for going and doing what I wanted. Forever would the closet help me and forever would I hide things in it.
I write this in the notebook and I hope whoever finds it after I am long gone will enjoy all the secrets I have written there.