(Untitled) | Teen Ink

(Untitled)

By Kelcie PLATINUM, Rock Valley, Iowa
Kelcie PLATINUM, Rock Valley, Iowa

Without music, life would be a mistake.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Mà was at the market when the robber came. I was upstairs with my best friends, Caitlynn, Jasmine, Becca, and Veronica. We were studying for the major test that we had in a couple days for Geometry. We hadn’t been studying very hard because Becca had just gotten a text from the cutest boy in the school, Ian Christopher, which is the guy she really likes, asking if she would like to wear his football jersey on Friday. We were all leaning over her shoulder to read it and we were all telling her to say yes, so she did. That’s when the robber came in my bedroom door and shot Becca.

At first we all thought that it was my little brother Mike because he likes to listen to our conversations through the door. Mike couldn’t have been at the door this time though, because he was at the market with Mà. That was when we all turned and realized that it was a robber not my brother. We all tried to run except Becca because she wanted to answer Ian back right away and the robber must have decided that she was the perfect target.

I ran up to the robber with my bedside lamp in my hand and made sure to be sneaky so that he wouldn’t pull the same gun that he had pulled on Becca back on me.

I hit him just as he was about to turn around and shot me. I hit so hard that the lamp broke, my neighbor came over to see what was going on and also, I killed the robber.

I told my friends to help me pick Becca up and carry her outside and then to call the cops. Becca wasn’t unconscious, she was just scared out of her freaking mind. Who wouldn’t be after being shot in the ankle. Thank God it wasn’t the heart or the head. The robber had been so close that it would have gone through and hit something else, probably the window. Imagine how I felt.