The mirror | Teen Ink

The mirror

By Miloo SILVER, Sargodha, Other
Miloo SILVER, Sargodha, Other

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

I could hear it,hear the terrifying sound of my heartbeat,Terrifying bacause it only made me a weakling.The pounding became louder and louder and louder til it
gained the maximum node heard by all.It's sound streaming inside my ears,it was like venom flowing through my veins and the devil behind it was my own heart
reproducing despair and fear.I wanted to smash it into thosands of small tiny pieces like the world, which was collasping around me.my world.As i walked ahead my
shoulders curled forward,my eye balls staring the ground running beneath my feet,feet which I never had control on.They move, take me where i want them to but still
i'm not their master it's like i owe them i owe every part of my body.Because they deprive me from being a paralyzed.I owe each part of my body i owe the people who
contol them people who control me.Life plays unfair.Proped up by the world,the guild of being a load and gaining nothing but selfpity,pity that my life is in the
fists of the world that are so tight that i can barely breath,every second of my life passess inhaling poison.I cry an ocean 27/7 because it was meant to be this way.
The puffness around my eyes was deep,deep enough to be seen unlike myself,deep like the wounds made when a dagger was stabbed into my fearless heart and since then
my life changed,everything i was a part of terminated me like i was a pest damaging them.Even the weather became worse for me.It was a bright sunny day for the world
i'm not a part of.My world is a different story.In my world it rains heavily.I walked through the streets,everyone staring at me i know it because that's a regular
thing but my eyes still watching the ground sliding underneath me unable to meet their gazes,i was struggling my self through the streets it was like walking in a
hell.I kept walking untill i found my self infront of a mirror....
I lifted my gaze towards the mirror and to my horror saw my thoughts naked.Exposed,seen by everyone.Behind me i could hear the sound of footsteps,many people
gathered behind me like it was a country fair or a clown was amusing them.They saw my fear.Salaiva dripped out of their mouth as they were dogs who were kept starved
for years and their develish smiles ripped my veins.I was covered in blood.
Once a man said "a mirror tells the truth" it showed the real truth behind me.Now i know the mirror is my nemisis,it can't be fooled and it made me feel distraught
and dizzy,dizzy enough to hit the ground with my knees bend.My eyes closed their shutters and i striked my head against the ground.The mirror showed what i was made
of but there was another thing it showed my name.A name i was given by the God himself.A PESSIMIST.

All i could hear were their voices,untill i opened my eyes and saw them looking at me as if i were a pig ready for slaughter.All of a sudden the pufness around
my eyes dissapeared.It stopped raining but the dark clouds were stil there.The realization of being a pessimist ceased the terror my exploding body produced every
second of my life and my heart was steady and my head was gathering all the wits i couldn't even posiibly imagin of possessing,the passion of ruling was increasing
and i regained my feet which were now my slaves.I didn't feel paralyzed now i was rising.My nemisis was now my defence against the world.The nightmare i was dwelling
in turned out to be just the time of the night and i could see them,the people their eyes bulged out,now i hear heartbeats pounding thousands of them increasing with
each beat but my heart was steady i was rising.In my attempt of exhaling all the poison i had in me i failed,the poison was already working as a healer.It healed my
veins my brain even my heart.It was acting like blood.It gave me strength.I was no longer vulnerable to the world.The anguish and despair was now turning into hope
and courage.I now had the audacity to face the world,to challenge the world.In my head a new world was made,i was the contoller.Shoulders straight,head up and eyes
ready to meet the people who lowered their gazes as a result of my actions.My brain was drained with self pity and a little fiend creeped in and layed it's eggs.I
was an amalgum of many emotions.My rising was all the mirror was showing.It showed what i turned into,what i was capable of.I was no longer vulnerable.A curve
touched my lips and their mouths wide open.I even became audacious for revenge and they crippled with terror.I took one one step ahead and they all hid back into
their holes.I was the new devil,the only devil.I was the biggun now.

One more thing the mirror showed was my real name which was the name God meant to give me,my actual name.The courage.
Fear was my heart but courage is my brain,i'm no longer a pessimist.I see the worse now but it bows and vanishes like i was the death itself.The time i saw my name
on the mirror i changed the way i used to see my self.I was meant to be the courage but it wouldn't have been possible if fear didn't crossed my way.It's at my feet
now,the world is at my feet now....

Tears rolling down my eyes,my feet were taking me somewhere.I had no idea where i was going.All i could think was of moving ahead and to never look behind
my past which made my blood scorching that my body was burning to death.It was a winter night and i was as hot as hell.It seemed like saitan himself was burning me
in his giant bowl of fire.I wish i could had zeus's lightning bolt but then i realized that i couldn't wish of of having a lightning bolt.Not now,not ever.I use to
dream,think and imagine which resulted in blood sliding down my eyes.In a matter of time i was covered in blood.My past made me like this.The past which when was my
present was a really happy time.I used to think of this kingdom as a very happy realm.My past is filled with the belief of a girl who could really fight death by the
kiss of a handsome prince or a paupers fate could be change by a glass shoe.But now i know there is no fairy god mother,no prince.It's all about the people around
you.They watched me as i walked down the city streets.Everything was beautiful when i used to see with my heart.Once i started sseing with my brain,everything was
horrible.I had bitemarks all over my body.The blood thirsty people who were kept starved for so many years were fed with my blood.They were ready for more so they
started walking behind me.Thay chased me down the street.I ran for my life but then i stopped seeing infront of me a mirror...

The mirror was showing something.I couldn't see it at first as my vission was blurr but then everything was clear.It was showing me.My innocence.How iddiot i was
i was fooled by everone,douged,dumped.It showed i was one they could make fun of.I was the foolish one.But then suddenly it showed my name.Innocence.I was THE INNOCENCE.
Being innocent was something really bad or maybe good.I didn't know.But then it hit me.I can't be that,i can change my self.I could be different,better than that.I
never know what i was capable of.I was capable of bringing a change in me.I stood straight.Watched them,they tried to tear me down but thay failed.Their failure made
them afraid and they stepped back.Nobody tried to rip me apart again.Thay knew what i was capable of,they knew now how strong i became.This sudden change in me made
me realize the problem was in me.I was no longer the inocence.They killed that part,they killed my humanity and i killed them..
This was all shown in the mirror.After going through the people i saw the mirror.It showed what i have become now.what i am.Inhumane.I showed no mercy and was ready
to rip all of them apart just like they were ready to do that to me.

I can remember when we walked together
Sharing a love I thought would last forever
Moonlight to show the way so we can follow
Waiting inside her eyes was my tomorrow
Then something changed her mind, her kisses told me
I had no lovin' arms to hold me
Every day I wake up, then I start to break up
Lonely is a man without love
Every day I start out, then I cry my heart out
Lonely is a man without love

I woke up,got up,and shut the dam radio up.I had a dream as weird as my repulsive grandmother.About me being a pessimest,courage innocence and inhumane.I needed to
refuel my brain.I got into the shower and after a long long beauty bath i went for work.As i went down the street i thought about my dream.At first i thought it
was worth ignoring but i just couldn't help thinking about it.What a drama i had in my head last night while i was asleep.I crossed the street and came through the
mirror.A huge mirror i see every day and nobody bothers about it.But then i remember,it was the same mirror i saw last night.It showed what was inside me to the whole
world.What if mirrors actually worked that way.What if my brain isn't in it's right position right now.I was born innocent,being a pessimist in in my nature.But than
courage kill my pessimism and because of it i sometimes lose my humanity.That was me.The only four sides of many me.Locked up in a single soul.I am ready for anything.
I was born ready.I get all my strength from inside me.My heart beats for me.My brain functions for me.My body works for me.And the only thing this mirror was showing
was a pretty girl putting gloss on her lips....