The Coffee Shop | Teen Ink

The Coffee Shop

February 13, 2014
By LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
LivyNewhall DIAMOND, Palm Coast, Florida
69 articles 15 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change that you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi


I watched as she walked in. She was beautiful, and I was about to get up to introduce myself. Before I could do anything she pulled out a gun. "Everybody shut up!" People were screaming, diving under tables, calling 911 on their cell phones. I was paralyzed. I couldn't avert my eyes. I couldn't do anything. She looked over at me and yelled, "What do you think you're doing?! Don't you realize that I have a gun?"

I snapped out of my trance, "Oh, um.. yes! Sorry, do you want me to get under the table? Scream?"

"What is this? A joke? I'm not laughing."

I wasn't exactly playing the part that fit the situation, "No, it's not a joke." What she didn't realize was that I wasn't just any guy in a coffee shop. I was the guy that nobody dared talk to, because I was a CIA agent. I pulled out my gun, pointing it at her head. "I probably should have pulled this out sooner, but since you don't have the guts to kill anyone it's not so much of a problem."

She didn't even move. She just stared at me. A sudden wave a calmness had come over the coffee shop. I suppose now that people knew that they were safe they were just watching the show. I made eye contact with her, "What do you think you're doing? Don't you realize that I have a gun?"