The Usual Pt.2 | Teen Ink

The Usual Pt.2

May 5, 2014
By freeday15 GOLD, Paramus, New Jersey
freeday15 GOLD, Paramus, New Jersey
18 articles 0 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is Blind" i truly believe in this it is in all of my pieces, and if u read between the lines then u will find it there...


Carroll tapped her foot in time to the music inside her head. She couldn’t help it. Today was a good day. When she spotted him she knew. She knew with every fiber of her being that he was the one. Now, how to trap him? Carroll loved this part. There were so many wonderful ways to kidnap a person. She would need a good plan though. He could be stronger than her. Probably not, he was maybe 10 or 11 years old. No match to her 18 year old self. What would she even do with him? Keep him captive? Ask for money? No, she would torture him. Slowly and deliciously.

Carroll stood up, the usual plan forming in her head, and followed the young boy in the direction she saw him go in. After some time she spotted him buying an ice cream cone…alone. Perfect! Carroll let him enjoy his cold treat on this hot and sunny day, letting herself have a little treat by watching his every move. She came to the quick conclusion that he had very low self- esteem and was probably a foster child; or wished he was one. He ate his ice cream sitting at a park table located brilliantly in the center of all the other tables, however it was just off center enough not to be the center of attention and draw unwanted eyes. Only a self conscious, paranoid person would do that. Carroll knew first hand about that. But she liked him anyways, knew he was “the one.”

So when the boy was done licking his fingers off, Carroll moved in. She knew exactly how to get him.

“Hi, is this seat taken?” she asked, flashing him a trust worthy smile. He was even more good looking up close. What she wouldn’t do to feel a knife go through his soft baby-like skin.

“N-No.” Carroll put her bag down and took out her notebook. The boy continued to stare at her, watching her like she was some experiment behind a glass wall.

“All of the other tables seem to be full, and I don’t want to sit with any of the old folks. You know how they can be,” she laughed.

“Yeah.” Was all he was willing to give. Carroll gave up the small talk and started writing in her journal; glancing around the park occasionally.

“W-what’s that you’re writing?” he asked.

“Something for school. Man, I hate school!”

“I kinda like school. It’s fun…”

“Well that’s because you are young.”

“Hey! I’ll be 11 next month, I’m not that little, I know what school is!” the boy raised his voice and crossed his arms over his chest. Okay, so obviously people didn’t treat him with respect. It would be even easier to get him now.

“Okay, okay, sorry kid.” Carroll held her hands up in surrender. “My name is Carroll, what’s yours?”

“Tommy, Tommy Heldger.” The boy held out his hand, trying to be polite and Carroll took it, shaking it warmly. His hands were warm and soft compared to Carrolls unusually cold and clammy hands.

“You know, I was thinking about heading home, you want a ride? It wouldn’t bother me much if you wanted one. I’m sure it’s not too out of the way.” If only he would say yes. Tommy looked around him nervously as if searching for a family member. “I get it if you don’t want to, I was only offering. There are too many weirdo’s around here, and I’d hate to see your face on a missing persons poster.” Tommy smiled, relaxing a little bit.

“I don’t know. I guess so. My family doesn’t even know I’m gone, but it is getting late. If they find out where I am, they’ll kill me.”

“Alright, so let me drive you and save you the killing.” Carroll’s palms started to sweat. As long as she was the one to do it.

“I guess so…”

“Great! My car’s right over here.” Tommy and Carroll walked the way to the car in silence.

“You stay here, I’ll turn on the AC to let it cool down a little. Carroll opened the driver’s side door and slipped the key into ignition, turning on the AC. On the passenger’s side seat there was the usual small cloth in a plastic baggie. Quickly and carefully, Carroll slipped it out and held it in her hand. Tommy was standing with his back to her, looking out at the pond with the ducks. Silently, Carroll took the two steps to Tommy, her heart beating so hard he must have heard it, and slammed the cloth to his face, making him breath in the chloroform. Tommy grabbed onto her arm as his eyelids began to close and he lost consciousness. No one was around to see or hear him. His small body was easily thrown into the back seat. Carroll climbed behind the wheel and put the car in drive and sped away from the park with her first victim. Tommy Heldger.


The author's comments:
Part 2 of "The Usual"