Secrets | Teen Ink

Secrets

By Clairee BRONZE, Lockport, Louisiana
Clairee BRONZE, Lockport, Louisiana

She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future

Her eyes shot open, and a gasp escaped her lips when she realized the dead bodies hanging limp over her. She pushed the body away as she slowly regained enough strength to stand up.

Once she was up she began looking everywhere for a way out. Then she saw it, a guard about 20 ft away perched outside her room. She slowly walked his way, with just enough room the bars that contained her in the room, she slide her hand through and gently began scratching the back of his neck.

She felt him shiver from her touch, and she quickly pulled away waiting. Before he could turn completely around he dropped to the ground dead. She stood there watching and waiting until she knew the snake venom had worked.

She bent down and gently grabbed the keys unlocking her door. When she emerged it was silent, too silent for her liking. So she grabbed the radio from the guards station and began to talk.

"Lets play a little game. A game of hide-n-seek, if you find me then I go with you no questions and I tell your everything I know.But if you lose and do not find me I will walk away free and you will never see me again. So on the count of three lets play."

She sat waiting for a response, when she heard a breath, faint, but still a breath she began to count..

"1.." she began to her the sounds of footsteps approaching.

"2.." She heard the voices, the voices of at least one hundred men as she began to back away she spotted her escape.

"3!" She took off running as the shots began to fire. She felt the pain, heard the glass shatter behind her as the darkness took over.

"Sir, we lost her." said a man to a shadow of nothing.
"How could you lose her? We sent 50 men each with loaded guns. I expected to see a dead body, not nothing." another mans voice responded from the shadows.

"All we can guess is that she jumped out the windows and into the rocky waters below." He took a breath "If we didn't shoot her dead, then the impact definitely killed her. Sir."

With relief in his voice the shadow man responded "Good, we don't need another rogue agent running around killing innocent people."

"I agree sire, that's our job." He responded with a sinister look on his face.

With that both voice began to laugh as they looked at the dead bodies of thousands of agents sprawled all over the agency.

When her eyes opened, it was like a tropical paradise. She quickly stood up when she saw the group of kids surrounding her.

One boy finally said "Hello Ella, we have been expecting you. Welcome to Viper."

At that moment she began to realize that this is home, she is not alone, and revenge has never sounded better.