Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

August 4, 2014
By MariannaPasta GOLD, New York, New York
MariannaPasta GOLD, New York, New York
19 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm not afraid if death, i just don't want to be there when it happens-Woody Allen


The breeze curls her flowing hair as she writes, looking up at the beautifu; landscape, smelling the salty air and hearng the steady tide. it almost sounds like breathing to her. Inhale, exhale. The color of the water changes as the sun sets, fading from a vibrant yellow to a darker orange; almost bloodred.

The clouds move slowly, dreamlike. Them seem weary, tired. A lone bird flies,stooping lower and lower until its skimming thw ater with its talons, searching for its prey. The reeds bend, surrending to the wind. They too are tired of fighting.

The girl sits up, alert, feeling the change in the weather. Suddenly, for some unexplainable reason, she feels cornered, Boxed in. An instictual urge to flee surges through her. Adrenaline pumps through her veins as sher stands up, brushing the wet sand from her body, as she turns to leave, taking her first step down the sandy path, she hears a sound that makes her quicken her pace, till she is running, her mouth open in a silent scream of terror. It's the lilting voice of a little boy, whispering, "tick tock."


The author's comments:
so...this is my first attempt at writing mystery/thriller. I know its a little cliche, but i thought id give it a try. I couldnt think of a title. if you come up with one, tell me! ;)