Valentine Stalker | Teen Ink

Valentine Stalker

By Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa
Robez2015 PLATINUM, Centerville, Iowa

"Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game"- Sam Montgomery from A Cinderella Story.

Stuck in the bathroom on Valentine’s Day trying to avoid my stalker date, I realize it feels like the walls are closing in. This guy apparently knows my whole schedule, exactly what I'm doing at what times. He won't leave me alone; I never should've agreed to have the date at his house. He's right outside the door, probably just waiting to slit my throat or something. As I open my clutch to get my phone it's not there, I left it on the table. I slowly open the door but he's gone. I start to run for my phone, but I was grabbed from behind just short of the table. I am pulled into darkness, going down a flight of stairs, to a basement. I felt cold metal close around my ankle as he chained me to the floor. He lit a lantern and left. 

I can see there is a bed and a bathroom, which means he plans to keep me for a while or why else would he leave a fridge full of food down here. I walk to the fridge and see a note saying: Be careful about how much you eat because when the fridge is empty that’s it, it’s gone- your love. It suddenly clicked in my mind, that’s why this guy is being nice to me, the creep loves me. He came down to check on me the next morning, so I saw that as an opportunity. “Please, I need light, can I at least go upstairs to the light, I promise I won’t try to escape”, I pleaded to him as I felt the need for sunlight. He agreed and took me up to a very bright room and chained me to floor again. I thought to myself at least I’m in the sunlight. I layed down, soaking up the sun streaming through the window, hoping I would eventually get out. I was laying there soaking up sun for what seemed like forever, until I heard the screams of another girl just down the hall. When I opened my eyes it was no longer day, I had fallen asleep and it was now night. The girls’ screaming quiets and I wonder, is she dead? I then hear him running towards my room, I stiffen and act like I’m asleep. He flings the door open and I can feel him standing over me. He turns and walks back out shutting the door gingerly as though not to wake me up. A couple minutes later I actually fell asleep again. When I woke again bright light was streaming into the room, the door creaked open so I acted like I was still asleep, this time he picked me up and put me on the bed, undoing the shackle around my ankle. He brushed my hair out of my face and kissed my forehead. I was disgusted; this guy had some serious problems.

What did he think would happen, he would take me away and I’d just fall for him? The next morning I woke up to sounds of knocking, he had a visitor. I kept wondering to myself, who is it? Are they here for me or the other girl? My question was answered when I heard the other girl’s screaming start again, it sounded like it was leaving the house. I felt bad for the other girl but at the same time I’m glad it wasn’t me. After that I was frozen in horror when the door swung open. “Oh my sleeping beauty is awake”, he said setting a tray of food by me. “What happened to that girl”, I asked. “Her new owner came to pick her up today”, he said with a smile. “Are you going to sell me”, I asked in a very scared voice. “No sweetie, I would never sell you”, he said sweeping a piece of hair behind my ear. I started eating the food, it was actually pretty good. This guy wasn’t the kind of guy you see on the crime shows, he never hurt me. I’ve been here for a month and every night he would come in and tuck me in and kiss me goodnight, and for some reason I had the best sleep after, I felt comfortable. Every morning he would bring me breakfast, usually banana nut pancakes, sausage and chocolate milk. Since he did stalk me he knew what a lot of my favorite things were, like my favorite foods. I couldn’t believe myself but I was starting to like this guy, I know right, what’s wrong with me. He hasn’t hurt me or anything but still he has me locked up in his house. I mean he is attractive and some people say stalking is the best form of flattery. It’s not like I would have anyone that misses me anyway, well besides my family. He’s a really great cook too so I wouldn’t have to worry about cooking, and he already knows almost everything about me. I had now been here two months and he started buying me new clothes and jewelry, he was so sweet. I really liked him for some reason. I just saw him taking me as a cry for help, he was just misunderstood. That night something was different, he was acting panicked and moved me back to the basement, which I haven’t been in since my first week here. He didn’t come tuck me in or kiss me good night and I didn’t sleep well at all. The next morning I woke up to the sounds of sirens. I thought to myself this is it they’ve found. Bobby, my stalker, popped into my mind and I was genuinely worried. What would happen to him? What would happen to me? The police busted through the door and searched the house. I was taken from the house and taken to the station to be questioned and reunited with my family. The officer that saved me was a handsome, fit guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. His name is Kyle and he’s 23, so only two years older than me. He recommended me to go to a counselor, to break the bond from Bobby of course. After about a month or two of counseling I realized what Bobby did was wrong. Kyle and I started dating after the investigation was finished, then he became my knight in shining armor a few years later. We now live in a small town, where he is now the sheriff and I am a kindergarten teacher. We lived happily ever after wrapped up in our small town dream.

This is about a girl who is taken captive and she developes Stockholm syndrome vut then falls for the guy who rescues her.

So it's also a romance.