The Killer Teacher | Teen Ink

The Killer Teacher

By Issyb15 BRONZE, Fairfield, Ohio
Issyb15 BRONZE, Fairfield, Ohio

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Mia walked into school like every other day. She was walking down the hallway when she saw her best friend Bella who was shouting her name.
“Mia! Mia! Mia! I have major news!”
Mia ran towards Bella excited to hear her news.
“What Bella?” said Mia in a joking manor.
“You know how Mrs. Johnson retired? Well we have a new history teacher and he is so cute!”
Mia and Bella walked into history class just like any other day and there he stood. Mr. Madison was the most attractive man Mia had ever seen. Their eyes locked and they couldn’t look away. As Mia sat down in her desk he began to speak:
“Good morning students, my name is Mr. Madison and I am your new history teacher. Just a little background on myself, I graduated from Harvard with my masters, I taught previously at another high school in California but somehow I found myself here in New York City teaching you all.”
As class proceeded Mia couldn’t stop staring at him she thought to herself “how am I going to get his attention? I could accidentally faint, I could accidentally trip and fall into his arms, or I could….” Mia stopped herself from thinking these thoughts “what am I thinking he’s a teacher I wouldn’t dare flirt with him.”
At the end of class Mia was leaving when Mr. Madison asked her to stay after class.
“Mia could you stay after I would like to talk to you.”
“Yeah Mr. Madison?”
“I just wanted to formally introduce myself Matt Madison”
“Nice to meet you I’m Mia Allen”
“Your previous history teacher told me that you were his best student, at the top of the class.”
“Well I really enjoy history and this is my best class.”
“That’s great because I wanted to inform you of this after school history club I am starting and I think that you should be president of the club considering you love history so much.” Said Mr. Madison with a laugh.
“I would love that I need some extracurriculars on my record anyways I think this will be a great opportunity for me!”
“Great I look forward to spending time with you!”
Mr. Madison gave her a smirk as she left his classroom.
As the months went on Mia and Mr. Madison got really close. The after school history club turned into after school history nights. They would stay at the school until about 10 o’clock at night and just talk about life. These late nights at school soon turned into late nights at his apartment. Then the late nights at his apartment turned into early mornings in his apartment. The early mornings in his apartment soon turned into weekends in his apartment. One weekend Mia returned home and her parents were furious, especially her father, Damon Allen. Mia walked inside her house to find the police who have been looking for her.
“What are the police doing here?”
Mia was panicking thinking the worst.
“Mia Allen where have you been all weekend? Your mother and I have been worried sick! You are spending time with god knows who doing god knows what without informing us where you are going! I called the police here to file a missing persons report because it is Monday and we haven’t seen you since Friday!”
Mia felt horrible that her parents were worried about her but she wouldn’t dare tell them the truth.
“Dad relax I was with a friend no big deal.”
“No big deal? You listen to me, I don’t know what has gotten into you but this is not acceptable. This cannot happen wheatear we are here or out of town. So I am going to say this once and only once, if this happens again you will be on the next flight to that boarding school in Paris that we visited a few years ago. There will be no hesitation. Do you understand me?”
“Yes I understand.”
Mia had never seen her father so mad. Mia walked upstairs put her uniform on and went to school. When she got to school she had a study hall with her friend Bella first bell and they decided to do a little research. Mia told Bella about what was going on with her and Mr. Madison. And Bella was more excited than Mia was.
“OMG Mia holy crap this isn’t happening!!”
“Yeah it is! He is so amazing…”
“Let’s do a little research on him to see what he is really about.”
As Mia and Bella googled his name they found things they did not expect. Matt Madison is a 32 year old mass murderer. He has committed murders in Paris, Germany, Spain, and the US. His main target? Teenage girls. He uses his good looks and his charm to seduce girls into falling in love with him. He invites them to his apartment and has romantic weekends with them. And then after a few months he kills them. He buries their bodies so far underground that no one can find them. He commits 10 murders in each city and then leaves to start again. Now this research wasn’t easy to find Mia and Bella spent 3 months figuring this out and this is not what they expected to find.
“Mia he is a killer, you have been spending time with a killer, you stayed the night with a killer.”
Mia felt so sick to her stomach that she couldn’t even respond. She thought:
“What am I going to do? Do I tell my parents? Or not? Do I call the police or not?”
“Mia you have to go to the cops.” Said Bella very frantically.
“I can’t Bella my parents are the most prominent people in this city I can’t be known as the girl who is dating her killer teacher. They would hate me forever. I don’t know what to do.”
Mia thought, thought, and thought about what to do when it finally dawned on her she was going to go see him, confront him, and break up with him. As Mia was walking towards his house Saturday night she was terrified but she knew it was something she had to do. She approached his door and knocked. Mr. Madison answered the door:
“Mia I haven’t heard from you in a while… is everything okay? I thought things were going well with us and then you just stopped talking to me. Come in its cold outside don’t want you getting sick.”
Mia walked in his house terrified of what would happen.
“Yeah everything was going well with us but I kind of got in trouble with my parents and also something else...”
“What else happened? Would you like some tea? It’s very cold outside.”
Mr. Madison walked to the kitchen.
“Well Bella and I were doing some research on you and we found some unflattering things.”
“And what might that be?”
“You’re 32 and you’re a mass murderer.”
Mr. Madison walked out of the kitchen handed Mia her tea and sat down in a very calm manner.
“Well you would be correct and do you know who I tend to kill?”
“Teenage girls.”
Mia started shaking as she put down her tea.
“Why so nervous Mia? And you would be correct teenage girls just like you. You see I seduce them, make them fall in love with me, and then I kill them.”
“I have to get home it’s really late.”
Mia got up and started for the door but Mr. Madison ran in front of the door and locked it.
“Why are you leaving so soon its only 7 o’clock you have time.”
Mia sat back down on the couch thinking that this is the end.
“I’m not going to hurt you Mia I just want to talk.”
“What do you want with me?”
“Can I ask you a question?”
“Go ahead.”
“Do you have any last words?”