Defeating the Aerina Queen | Teen Ink

Defeating the Aerina Queen

By AwesomeWriter SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan
AwesomeWriter SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan

"What light is to the eyes - what air is to the lungs - what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man.
Robert Green Ingersoll

The Aerina Queen is getting mtsteriously evil...and only Elissa and Iasea can defeat her! But a mysterious presence assists her, and will cause the twins grief and hardship. But with friends and advice, they will overcome, and save the day. 

Chapter 1: Prologue: The Mysterious Meeting

It was midnight in Indianapolis, Indiana. Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! A woman shimmered at the stroke of midnight. She wore her dark black hair in a tight bun with a black ponytail holder. Her queenly dress was blue spotted with black, laced with dark blue ribbon, and her shoes were brown cowboy boots. Her entire being seemed to be made out of moonlight, her skin be so bright. The woman’s face went from a queenly, nasty smile, into a deep scowl. Her glowing blue eyes sparked with fierce anger and darted from the Children’s Museum to the dark alley next to it.
“Amber,” the woman growled, “I expected you to be here by now, waiting gladly and boldly for me, for me to do beyond wicked-depths. Not for you to be a coward and scared of me, as a usual servant would be.”
The air in the dark alley seemed to swirl into a globe of gray streaks of light. They spun faster and faster as the gray streaks of light became the color of darkness, and then the blackened-globe stayed still for a nanosecond. Suddenly,  a quiet “boom” leaked out as the globe evaporated, revealing a tall figure, wrapped in brown clothing, with a black cloak designed with a raven-headed scepter.
The figure stepped calmly out of the dark alley towards the black-clothed woman.
The figure kneeled to the ground, and whispered, “Forgive me, Dark One, for my symbol needed taken care of, or the current Aerina Queen would be suspicious.” 
The woman’s thick, black eyebrows knitted together in deep concentration, and she finally replied, “You are forgiven, Amber. Remember, not all servants get pardoned.”
The figure, Amber, stayed kneeling, muttering, “You are precious to me, Dark One. I have forever been trying myself to remind me that without you, I’m a nobody, and deserve a non-pardon.”
The woman cackled, knowing her servant Amber was very intelligent and loyal, and spoke truth to her.
“Good, Amber. Get up.”
The figure got up, flipped the hood of her black-cloak off, and revealed a clever face, edged with youngness. Her eyes glowed fiery red as she tossed her head around, leaving her black-red, wavy, hair to dangle wildly all over her. She spoke something, and her hair was gathered into a bun, tied with a red ribbon, as if an invisible hand did Amber’s bidding for her.
Amber inspected her plain, brown dress, and her white skin that was like a supermodel’s. She felt her feet in black boots that matched her dress. She turned to her mistress and waited.
“Your symbol is the crooked brown owl, correct?” asked the woman.
“Yes.”
“Your symbol needed to be cared for? Why ever so?” asked the mistress.
Amber knew she’d better say something right, for it was forbidden to reveal a Dark Servant’s sacred symbol right in plain sight, or risk being tortured to death.
Amber looked into her mistress’s wicked-gleaming sky eyes, and replied, “Zhain started to snicker, sending me a precise signal that Chelsea had reached me.”
The woman narrowed her eyes.
“Chelsea Rickerson? The servant that was sent to make sure the Aerina Queen would be on our side?” asked the woman doubting.
Amber nodded.
“How did she survive the Aerina Queen’s Brightened Presence and not be imprisoned for her Semi-Dark Presence?” snapped the woman, getting excited on the inside, but harsh on the outside for more data.
Amber stayed silent for a few moments, and answered, “Zhain was sending me Chelsea’s message, sensing my urgency, for you know that Servants’ symbols love to obey their commands, and when they get something that would prove their loyalty to their Dark One and their own Semi-Master, they will do it quickly and eagerly. This was Zhain’s situation. We made sure the Aerina Queen wasn’t around or could sense a tiny bit before we started it, else Chelsea’s crucial data could’ve been lost forever,” Amber quietly whispered.
“Go on.”
“As Zhain was inward speaking, the Aerina Queen was knocking. I had no idea how this happened, but my faithful bird to you warned me. Immediately, I ordered her to fly to out the window at top speed for the fortress of your hand. I let just a small bit connect us, so I may speak her message to you as soon as possible. As I did this, the Aerina Queen came in. She asked me on why I was wearing a dark cloak and…”
The woman hissed in warning.
“I told her it was for a comedy to help cheer up some of the kids that the Dark One didn’t exist, for the protection of your mission, not for insult, and she believed me.”
“I can tell. And what did the Aerina Queen think of your Semi-Darkness Presence?” The woman asked.
Amber was silent for a few seconds, and replied, “She couldn’t sense it, for it was cloaked by Semi-Light Presence, a courtesy of Chelsea’s sister, Margaret.”
“Chelsea had a sister?” The mistress asked, cold edged with malice.
“Chelsea chose to keep Margaret a secret, for she knew Margaret was a secret agent of yours, Dark One, and was willing to protect Dark Servants when they were on missions near the Aerina Queen,” Amber replied to the woman’s unspoken question.
The woman looked into Amber’s neutral red eyes, and quietly asked with a venomous tone, “You never told me this, why?”
“Would’ve it helped if you knew of this Margaret, got overconfident, and then something endangered your mission? Just because you wanted to know?” Amber questioned calmly.
The woman calmed down, and asked, “What was Chelsea’s message? What’s Margaret’s story? Tell me everything.”
“I wish I could tell you, with all due Majesty to the Ultimate Empress of Darkness, but Margaret wishes to be kept secret, or it will be your downfall. Scan my soul, and know it to be true,” Amber replied.
The woman stared into Amber’s eyes, and knew she told the truth.
“Tell me Chelsea’s message. Or die,” growled Amber’s mistress.
Amber bowed, and replied, “Chelsea’s mission has succeeded. The Aerina Queen has been tricked to our side, and Chelsea travels right now to tell full details, regardless of her pains.”
“Excellent job, Amber. Dismissed,” The woman said.
“Yes, My Dark Queen,” Amber bowed again, as she simply poofed out of existence.
The woman slyly smiled at the mere thought of her plan succeeding, and she disappeared after a poof of black, thick smoke had appeared.

I love to write! This idea came to me and I just started to write!

Robert Green Ingersoll

Chapter One will come in September!