The Murder On Halloween Night | Teen Ink

The Murder On Halloween Night

By ZiadTheCreator BRONZE, Ames, Iowa
ZiadTheCreator BRONZE, Ames, Iowa

It was a special day in Thead city, for it was the city’s 150th birthday. Everyone in the city came to the Halloween party that was arranged by Henry, the city mayor, to celebrate. Or so they thought… 
“Come on Harry, or we’re going to be late!” Jack cried. Jack lived on 1307 Redblood Street, and was picking up his best friend Harry, who lived a couple of blocks away. “Okay, okay, I’m coming!” Harry shouted from the kitchen, “I’m just grabbing some provisions for the long night.” “Come on, it’s just a couple of hours”, Jack said after Harry came out of the house two minutes later. They walked to the City Hall, which was where the party was held.
After they arrived they went to meet their friends, Jaxon, Jacob, Lucas, and Eli. “Hey, man. What’s up?” both Lucas and Jaxon at the same time. The gang were walking around, playing some corny Halloween games. Suddenly, the lights turned off. That was where things got wrong.
For two minutes, everyone waited. Blackouts were common in Thead city. Another minute later, someone screamed. Everyone started to panic. Suddenly, the lights came back on. But something was wrong. Mayor Henry was dead. He was hung up on a noose, and he was a bloody mess, with his right arm torn to shreds, his left eye covered in the blood that seeped through from his cracked open skull, his body gutted, and butcher knife stuck out from his heart. But that wasn’t the worst part. All over his body, from his neck to his right leg, from his left arm to around his body, were bite marks. Human bite marks. In his hand there was a piece of paper. A note.
What it said was inhumane. “Hangman anyone?” Jack read. “Ok, I’m leaving,” said Eli, “and I’m not coming back. Ever. Again.” Everyone went out of the city hall. Jack, Eli, Lucas, Jaxon, and Jacob ran out into the hall leading to the exit. “I got to go to the bathroom,” Eli said, “I’ll meet you guys by the tree behind the building.” And off they went. A tip for you; never split off while there is a murderer running around. 
The guys ran out and waited by the tree like they agreed on, and waited for about ten minutes. Eli never came back out. “Come on guys, let’s go see what he’s up to this time. So they ran back in to get Eli. They searched every room and hallway. “I didn’t find him.” Jaxon said. None of them did. “Who checked the bathroom?” said Jacob. No one spoke. “Ok, then I guess we know where we’re going next.” Lucas said. So they all went into the bathroom. What happened next was unexpected.
So the boys looked in every stall but didn’t find him. When they turned around to head back out, they saw something that they would remember for the rest of their lives. They’d only remember it for the rest of the night.
There, by the door, was Eli, twisted, and dead. His  hands were bloody, smothered in blood. His blood. His handprints were all around him on the wall, and door. There was something in his hand. Another note.
"How about a game of twister," read Jaxon out loud.
"That was it, I'm out." said Jack.
Then the lights blacked out. When Jack looked around, his friends lied around him, each dead and holding a note.
Then the lights flickered, and the last thing Jack saw was the dead body of all of his friends and mayor smiling, each reaching for Jack. "You'll be perfect for our master." Said Eli.

The best ending is no ending, for horror stories.