Hello? | Teen Ink

Hello?

By Emerald01 ELITE, Charlotte, North Carolina
Emerald01 ELITE, Charlotte, North Carolina

"We are always feeling every emotion, but only a few are screaming."

I was walking her dog on a snow evening through the howling woods. The hollow wood creeks and the owl shudders with envy. School had just broken out and the blizzard is starting to shape up. The wind starts up as the walk way ends. I am trapped in this shaped pentagon illusion. They close their eyes as the memories come back.

“Scout”

The tree whispers moving us to hold our dogs leash tighter.I back up to grab Scout right to the amnesia running in as I grasp at the air. I take a deep breath backing up to the heavy weight. I see a light go over her face.  My offense done and breathing. I remember back to the oven scrap days and painted fixtures.

She had made my breakfast that day. Oatmeal and sausage. The last thing that old maid ever did say to me:well we will find out.

She always did kid around. Her joking breath and kind hearted soul. She had figured at the evermore and dust. She left our minds out here to dust. I feel the knife coming into me for what I have done. I remember mamas sweet words of gold.

“Sweet face my beautiful son. The face of you is worthwhile and your smile.’’
Momma always did believe in me. I remember back to this day and now to this one. I went to bed on the evening on the ever after and thats the last thing I remember.

I remember back to that nagging lady made of twine. Whose face I walked on in this dream. She was going to tell the world about my plot of robbing a bank. The old women had snooped through my bed. The secret drawer embedded in the mattress. I asked her why she would be looking for it? She never answered me and just smiled. She recorded my confession on her phone. 16 years we have known each other and even a secret can not be left alone in the shallow water. She had to bring it up in the deep so she could mentally drown me. That dark gloomy night I took a knife and followed her on her daily walk. I pushed her dog off the lead so he could run free. I heard her scream right before she said: “Son you betrayed me, March 14 2003, thats one year later my boy. The last thing you will see is this as a dream and then the bullet to your brain is my rose of revenge.’’

March 14th 2003:
I wake up by an itching light in my eyes as I try and try to rest. I sit up as I see the bullet coming straight to my eyes. The blood fell beneath me as I felt my nanny pointy fingers on my dying spine.

“Goodnight filthy boy.”