Scary Little Girl | Teen Ink

Scary Little Girl

June 7, 2016
By llama_queen SILVER, Croydon, Pennsylvania
llama_queen SILVER, Croydon, Pennsylvania
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." ~Maya Angelou


 Scary Little Girl


He was just sitting down to a cup of tea and a book out on his front porch to enjoy the brisk autumn morning, when he felt the hairs on the back of neck stand up. He looked at the house across the street to see a little girl hiding behind a tree, looking at him with an evil grin.
“Honey, can you come here real quick?” He shouted to his wife, sounding scared.
“Yes, sweetie?” She asked him.
“Do you see that little girl over there? She keeps staring at me,” he said pointing to the big willow tree in the neighbor’s yard.
“No, I don’t see anything. Are you feeling okay, dear?” She said nervously.
“I think I’m just going to go lay down for a bit. Wake me up in 2 hours.” He said as he walked into the house and up the stairs.
As he fell into a deep sleep, all he could see was that evil grin staring at him, silently screaming at him. He tried to move but he couldn’t. He screamed in his sleep and ended up waking himself up and causing his wife to run up to him.
“What’s wrong?! Is everything okay?!” She said in a panic.
He stayed silent and still for a moment, trying to breathe. He tried to speak but he couldn’t. He felt as if all the words and air were sucked out of him. Sitting there, he wondered why that happened. He wondered why his wife couldn’t see her but he could. He wondered if he was just imagining her. He got up and looked out the window. Looking out, he saw that same little girl with that same evil grin now standing in the street. He noticed that the girl had no eyes—only darkness where the eyes should be, with dried blood staining her cheeks and her neck. He panicked, ran out of his bedroom and into his door.
He got up, jumped in his car and drove to the library to do research on his house and the one across the street. A few things popped up for both houses. The house across the street was once home to the Jefferson family. The husband and wife had 3 kids; two boys and a girl. They were a well-liked family and had good ties with the community. Mrs. Jefferson divorced Mr. Jefferson when the kids were young and left the kids with him. Mr. Jefferson ended up becoming an alcoholic and abusing his kids. The little girl became close to the family across the street.
As he continued on, he couldn’t believe what he read for his house. He read that his house was once home to the Murphy family. There was the husband, the wife, and a teenage girl. They weren’t that liked in the neighborhood due to their beliefs and the way they kept their house. They really didn’t care about their child and left her to do whatever she wanted. The Jefferson’s little girl and her developed a friendship. The little girl would always wait outside for the teenage girl to come out and play with her. One day, Mr. Jefferson went insane. He thought that the kids were out to get him. That night at dinner, he drugged their drinks so that they would go to sleep and not feel anything. After the kids had fallen asleep, he tied them down to their beds as a precaution, gauged out their eyes, and slit their throats. He ran away, leaving them there to die.
After researching the histories at the library, he went home and looked for her again, but he didn’t see her. Remembering where he last saw the girl, he ran up to his bedroom. He cautiously opened the bedroom door, scared to see what may be waiting on the other side. As he peered in, there she was—standing there in front of the window, facing him.
“Come play with me,” she said with that evil grin of hers.
He went to the phone to call the priest and ask him to come over and cleanse the house. The priest rushed over, promptly started the cleansing, and felt a sudden unexplainable rush of cold air. The priest tried to ignore it as he continued his cleansing ritual when books started flying off the book case and cabinet doors flew open.
“Come play with me,” he heard a little girl whisper.
“This isn’t your home! You need to leave this man alone! Get out of this house!” The priest shouted.
The room became an eerie silence; so quiet that you could hear a pin drop on the floor. Standing there scared, the priest prayed. Halfway through the prayer he started to choke.
“I said come play with me!” the little girl screamed.
“NO! This is enough! I understand you were hurt! But doing this to me is not okay! This is my home!” He screamed back at her.
The priest was able to breathe again.  The room was back to being quiet. It felt as though the little girl had disappeared. The priest was able to finish the cleansing without any interruptions. The priest left immediately afterwards.
He walked through the house when the priest left. Feeling as if a heavy weight were lifted off his shoulders. He was able to breathe calmly again. He felt happy and relaxed in his home. When he sat out on his front porch the next morning, he didn’t see the little girl staring at him. He felt bad for what happened to her but at the same time he was happy that she was gone. She wouldn’t be able to scare him anymore. He was able to sleep peacefully and not wake up screaming anymore. He thanked the priest for coming out and performing the cleansing.
Sadly the following week his wife left him and he died of unknown causes. Or are the causes unknown?

THE LITTLE GIRL CAME BACK AND CHOKED HIM IN HIS SLEEP!!!!!
 


The author's comments:

I wrote this for my Creative Writing class. We had to do a fiction piece and so i wrote this.