Make Your Voice Heard | Teen Ink

Make Your Voice Heard

October 23, 2019
By Anonymous


The power of a vote. Many people see voting as a passage to a brighter future, others see it as pointless; people wave red, white, and blue to embrace their freedom of speech yet are constricted into two sides. With strong conceptions beaming from each side as they stream their colors red or blue. 

The power of a vote. Abundances of politicians try to get young adults out to place their vote when the only thing that gets young adults out to vote is the urge of change. Watching people grow a voice on the changes that are needed from the eyes of those who felt the most doubt; the ones marching to make a stand that the environment needs help, the ones marching for gun control, the ones coming together as a culture strong enough to power through the hate of others to get their voice heard. 

The power of a vote. I see people argue their side of what they think is right, only to be contradicted by the ones that they love the most. Seeing classmates defend their beliefs due to what they see our country needs and what makes the country strong, seeing the shyest classmates having the most bold opinions with confidence as we hear their voice. 

The power of a vote. A vote has so much meaning, and so many strong opinions consume many peoples day to day lives, the power a vote brings to people will make their voice be heard.