A Call for Unity | Teen Ink

A Call for Unity

January 19, 2022
By cnun1 BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin
cnun1 BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It is the year 2021 and all the predictions people made are false. The biggest advancement made is self-driving cars. Don’t be fooled, they are still way too expensive for anyone but millionaires to buy. No flying cars. No regular space travel. No unity. America is completely divided by political beliefs. Bipartisanship does not exist and most likely will never again. Left or right. Right or wrong. People only see red or blue and those views are completely different. Children can only wonder how torn apart will our country be in the future? America is supposed to be a country that values freedom and democracy; it seems ironic that the two sides can’t respect the other's opinion. Everyone's voice matters. We need to revert back to the country that welcomed people with open arms. No matter the color of someone's skin or their political views, we are all people. People whose country is supposed to protect their rights. Everyone needs to care more about their own morals and how they treat others. A person is not tied down by their political beliefs. The statue of liberty shined through the clouds as immigrants sailed in on the blue waters. With shining faces, they were eager to start their new life. The American flag was not doused in flames. Riots did not fill the streets. The problems that America is facing are due to one issue: lack of unity.


The author's comments:

This piece is about how divided our country is and what America should do to restore the values that made this country.