How To Crank 90s | Teen Ink

How To Crank 90s

By 4basich GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
4basich GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

“Get good,” says Jake Fillinger who is unreal in Fortnite. He has found the best way to “Get good”: "Instead of playing the actual game, I went into creative (a virtual practice ground for Fortnite) and grinded…I would do this for hours on end #gamingbaby,” Jake said. You build a 90-degree by placing ramp…wall…wall and then repeating at 90-degree intervals which is why this skill is called a 90. 

This time adds up “I have 94 days and 20 hours in the game,” according to Jake. This large amount of time allows for him to be one of the best players around. This gives him an advantage in the games he plays because he stated, “This helped me when I faced a sweat because I was able to crank to height and hit a nasty wasty 200 pump to the dome cause you know I’m him!!!!” This skill is beneficial for the game because it gives him the advantage to get this kill. To summarize his kill building 90s allowed for him to get a better angle on the opposing player trying to fight him. Once he got the height using 90s strategically he was able to swiftly kill the opponent.

One issue with this skill is that you need a lot of materials to do this wisely. According to him, “You need max materials.” Another issue with this is you might get shot down to your death. In order to combat this he said, “You can either mine more brick and metal, so it takes more to break you down but if that doesn’t work you can always build down and rebuild what was being shot out by opponents.” Brick and metal are types of building materials in Fortnite and they have higher hit points so it takes longer to break. This strategy has risks and rewards but in most fights, it is smart to crank 90s because it allows you to get strategic advantages in fights. Use this strategy…in the words of Jake it helps you “get good.”

Learned from a master