Homosexuality: Right or Wrong? | Teen Ink

Homosexuality: Right or Wrong?

April 14, 2011
By teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 151 comments

Favorite Quote:
We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes


I really, really hate it when those religious fanatics and homophobics start saying that all homosexuals are wicked, nasty, not even human. They say that is it not how God wanted people to live. I'm not homosexual, but i have friends who are, and I love them as if they were family. I don't believe in God, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. I believe that your sexual orientation does not change who you are. I believe that people who can hate an entire group of people for no reason, whatsoever, are no worse than Nazis, or the judges from the Salem Witch Trials. I am a direct descendant of Sarah Good, who was accused of witchcraft and hanged. She was killed for something she believed in. She had never hurt anyone with her practices, she was a kind, but odd, woman, and died at the age of thirty-nine, because of something she believed in. I believe that everyone should either BE NICE, or mind their own business, and let people love who they want to love. Or do they want to take that away, too?

The author's comments:
I just wish people would act mature.