Why Title It? | Teen Ink

Why Title It?

By brysmarie12 PLATINUM, Neoga, Illinois
brysmarie12 PLATINUM, Neoga, Illinois

I am the author of my own life... unfortunately I'm writing in pen and can't erase my mistakes.

Sometimes I wonder if it's really all worth it. All the hard work, the pressure to be the best. In sports, in school and just in life in general. No matter how well we seem to do, there's always someone doing better than us. But that's how it's going to be. Always. There will always be someone better than you. Then again, there will always be someone you're better than. I found a quote at my school a couple weeks ago and it says this "I don't believe that you have to be better than everyone else. I believe that you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." The more I'm changing and becoming who I think I'm suppossed to be, the more I see how this applies to my life. We have to stop comparing ourselves to everyone around us. I may not be the prettiest, smartest, most outgoing or athletic. But you know what? All of us are pretty enough, smart enough, athletic enough, and outgoing enough to do whatever we put our minds to.

I'm sick of constantly feeling inferior. No more comparing for this girl!