Group Activities | Teen Ink

Group Activities

By onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia
onedirectionlover GOLD, Hampton, Virginia, Virginia

"Everyone, get into groups of 5," The teacher says. Great, here we go again. Girls I know look at each other, silently already looking for groups of 5 or 6. I just sit there, dreading it. When the teacher says go, all the girls are already in their groups. Then their's me. Some even have 6, or 7. Since they have more than 5 friends. I ask to join a group, "Sorry we already have 5." If I was their best bud then I would be the 6th person, that they would seceretly alow.

I finally get pushed into a group that doesn't really want me. They only had 4. I don't really talk, and they doesn't really let me decide in any ideas for this project we're doing. I'd be better off with myself.

Then theirs the times where teachers assign the groups. Friends look longenly at each other, as if they'd die if they don't work together. I go into a group, but some girls complain, "Can so-and-so join our group?" they ask the teacher. It's as if they live and breath their friends flesh and blood and can't live without them. As we work, the girls that aren't working with them friends send sad faces across the room and use any excuse to go visit their friends.

Then their are the times where all the groups are full, and then their's me. So I'm forced to work alone. I get my work done fast, and then get to hear what the other groups are gossiping about. Am I the only one that feels this way?