Educator of The Year | Teen Ink

Educator of The Year

April 24, 2013
By mpharvie9397 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
mpharvie9397 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

When most people think social studies, they think boring lectures, but not with Mrs. Rosaio as a teacher. I am nominating Mrs. Rosaio for Educator of the Year for many reasons. There is never a dull moment with Mrs. Rosaio; she cares about her students, and she makes boring lessons fun. I honestly hated social studies until I had Mrs. Rosaio. She made learning about history fun.
There is never a dull moment with Mrs. Rosaio. She has a great sense of humor, and she’s always finding a way to make people laugh. If you’re having a down day where nothing can make you smile, you can count on Mrs. Rosaio to cheer you up. Mrs. Rosaio takes the time to connect with her students, so she knows what to do or say to cheer them up. School isn’t exactly my favorite place to be, and not just because of waking up early and going to learn. It makes me feel like an underdog. But whenever I was having a bad day, Mrs. Rosaio was there to make me smile.
Mrs. Rosaio cares about her students. She doesn’t let one person leave without a smile on their face. Mrs. Rosaio is easy to open up and talk to. She wants to help. Whether it is school problems or personal problems, Mrs. Rosaio’s there for you. I had some personal problems last year that were a lot for me to handle. I couldn’t keep it held in, and I just needed to talk to someone about it. Mrs. Rosaio was there for me. She listened and cared. That’s all I needed.

I always hated social studies. It was just too boring and always lost my interest. But Mrs. Rosaio changed that for me. I looked forward to going to her class every day. From the very first day of school where she explained with pictures that her name was pronounced “rose-eye-oh” to the very last day of school, I actually had fun in social studies. Instead of just standing in the front of the class and lecturing us, Mrs. Rosaio does certain things to keep our focus. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’m a big doodler. My binders are covered in drawings. It helps me listen and stay awake in most classes. While most teachers don’t get that and yell at you to pay attention, Mrs. Rosaio does get it. It’s little things like that that matter in a teacher and how they teach.

Mrs. Rosaio has many attributes that should be taken into consideration when picking the Educator of the Year. She’s a great teacher who really cares, and she wants the best for her students. Thanks to Mrs. Rosaio, I don’t mind social studies now. I couldn’t have asked for a better 8th grade social studies experience.