To Anyone Who's Been Abused | Teen Ink

To Anyone Who's Been Abused

May 10, 2013
By Anonymous

To Anyone Who's Been Abused,

I'm sorry you had to go through whatever pain you were forced to endure, whether it be physical, sexual, emotional, mental, or some other form of unheard of abuse. I know how it feels, the pain, the guilt, the burden of mixed anger or shame. I know how it feels to want to scream out in pain, but there's that need to stay silent, to hide your shame. You don't have to keep silent any longer. I understand the complexity of mixed emotions. I understand how it build up, how all of it festers until you break down or blow up. I've seen it. I've witnessed how someone is wronged in such a way that they can't properly cope with the pain and shame and they take it out on someone they love, a sibling, a spouse, or maybe even a child. I'm a living witness to this horrible cycle of unsatisfyable pai. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY! You don't have to be a gear in this mad-house cycle. I urge you to let go of your pain. Channel it like I'm doing. Write it down as many times as you want, then throw the paper away, or better yet, BURN them. I hope that helps. I hope it gives you the solace to know that your past, in some ways, can be burned up simply by releasing it onto paper or amongst friends. Although you might want to exclude the fire from your friends option. Anyway, it doesn't have to control you unless you let it. Please, for your own good, release it.

With my utmost condolances...


The author's comments:
The several abusive chapters of my life lingered on me, so I had to release it myself then give others the push to do it as well.