What I'm Looking Forward To this Summer | Teen Ink

What I'm Looking Forward To this Summer

Summer can’t come soon enough for me. Well, I don’t think it comes soon enough for anybody. Yeah, it is sad, leaving behind your teachers and everything, but its nice to get a once-a-year-3-month-break kinda thing. I’m excited for summer and all, but thinking about August makes me cringe because August is that time when you realize that you are starting school all over again. I really don’t want to think about August right now. I find many reasons to love summer and all its different opportunities, and there are a lot of them.

To start off, no more waking up at 6 AM!! During the school year, its a loop every morning and you can’t get out of it! When summer is here, I won’t have to feel tired until 10 AM. Except there’s one thing that will mess up my sleeping plans a little... swim team. Yeah, 9:00 every morning doesn’t sound too fun, but I love swimming. That’s another thing! The pool finally opens! After a whole year of waiting, I will be able to just jump in on a hot day and not suffer through being inside. Swim team can be tiring, but its something to do, and a lot of my friends participate in watersports at the Fox Point Pool during the summer. Its only an hour and its great exercise.

Another plus is... no homework! I can imagine it. Not having to worry about homework that's due the next day, and just being able to move about all day. Of course, I have to do something to occupy myself, but I would rather it be a camp or swimming then paperwork. It just relieves my mind of so much stress when there is no math to be done, or no presentation to create. Another fabulous thing about summer is camp! I don’t actually go to sleepover camp, I just participate in day camps. I just signed up for some fun camps during the day at USM. It will be nice to know I have to go someplace where I can have fun doing things I like to do. At USM, I signed up for tennis, a cake-decorating/cookie baking class, and an art class. My brother is doing some stuff there too so we will both be busy throughout the day.

Lastly, the heat. It will be nice to be able to walk around barefooted, with shorts and a tank on. Its not fun to bundle up in full on gear half of the year. I would much rather prefer taking my shoes off, or just taking a walk around the block without having to find my coat or my hat. I can go down to the beach and just walk around with a suit on. Thinking about all of this drives me crazy, but I only have to wait another few days until it is all here. Stuff like riding bikes to the pool with my friends being able to sleep in, not having homework to complete, etc. Overall, summer goes by fast and its still coming so I want to be able to make the best of it.