Stuck In My Head! | Teen Ink

Stuck In My Head!

By j.g.poems PLATINUM, Naples, Florida
j.g.poems PLATINUM, Naples, Florida

You are in your car on the way to school and hear a song that happens to become stuck in your head. Throughout the day, you find yourself zoning of in class, and instead of hearing your horridly boring teacher lecture you, you hear the song from the previous car ride. Next period, you are tapping your pen to the sick beats of the drum of the song. By the end of the day, you are singing the song, full blast, in the shower. Why do us humans do this on a regular basis? Listening to music triggers a certain part called the auditory cortex (Watson). It is a part of the auditory system; meaning, it performs basic and higher functions in hearing (Pickles). The auditory cortex basically sings the song in your head! 99% of people have had this experience of a mini-concert in their head, (Watson) and the 1% that say they haven't, have most likely never heard a song before in their life! This song that has been trapped in your brain all day will not escape itself, but there is a few remedies to let it free. 1.) Simply sing another song. It will provide more of a variety of lyrics and beats. 2.) Change up your activities. You are less likely to think about the song. 3.) Turn up the radio!

I was in Barnes & Nobel when I wrote this, humming to The 1975, while attempting to study. Finding it rather annoying, I quickly Googled how to get this song out of my head!