When You Broke My Heart | Teen Ink

When You Broke My Heart

May 27, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


I knew this would happen, love was not in my reach. No matter how hard I tried, it never seemed to stick. Reaching out desperately, I thought the pain was gone. I trusted you, like a fool, and now I'm shedding my skin. I'm smiling because I accept the truth, that you DID care. You did love me, after all, but your confused and I don't hate you.

Thank you for loving me when you did. It's hard to love a broken girl, but you did it. You helped me feel comfortable with my body, I could do anything in front of you.

But now our friendship still remains, a friendship so godly strong and perfect. I'll always love you, and the love we once shared will not be forgotten. I want you to forget it happened, but think of it as a dream that never existed.

A silly love story were the girl gets her prince.

When you broke my heart, you broke my soul. Shattering it into pieces but in the time of one day, you hurt yourself just as much. I love you, don't forget it. Let our friendship last forever.