An Ancient Sport That's Modern Warfare | Teen Ink

An Ancient Sport That's Modern Warfare

By Fogo12311 BRONZE, Ny, New York
Fogo12311 BRONZE, Ny, New York

Football, soccer, baseball. These are great sports but they are not the oldest that
are growing in high school, college, and professionally. Lacrosse is the fast growing
sport. The sport that parents are scared to let their kids to play, the one your girlfriend is
on the side cheering and the one that your wife and kids are proud and family are
stream and shouting. That's lacrosse for you. The game of agility, strong and
adaptiveness, and it's suddenly reappeared.

Lacrosse is a ancient sport that was played by the native americans. It was
called.  the creator's game. the tribes that played it played because they thought that
their God were angry for the wars they fought against each other. The thought by
playing the game that their gods were pleased. they play it instead of fighting. It was a
substitute for war. It was played with sticks crafted from the strongest materials. Their
sticks were made out of oak trees and deer hide. The objective of the game was to get a
ball made ether out of deer hide or wood through two wooden poles or to hit a single
pole. Lacrosse is back and better then ever.

The place were lacrosse is really opened up to is the next generation at high
school. The next generation of teens are now growing to love the sport of lacrosse. The
teens that play, play for the action and violence. To play at a high school level it take
time to get the skill you have to take time so to play is a commitment to the family. The
guys you play with become your second family. Some kid know that they want to play                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
the moment they step on the field. They find what makes them tick and that increases
the chances of someone playing. "Kids love the action”.
          College lacrosse is becoming more  interesting. The lacrosse players that are
playing for colleges are proof that the game is  growing. There are twice as many
players playing on college team now than ever.  In 1999 there was only 40,000 players
playing in college and now there's 400,000  players playing now. The NCAA has proven that lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in college. The top teams in college are Siracusa, Notre Dame, Albany, and John Hopkins are the top college teams in college
lacrosse. Those teams have grown in the past years. The programs are great and it
takes the ones that want to play and care.

The adult players aren't done playing yet. Paul Rabil once that “ lacrosse isnt a
sport its a way of life”.The MLL is the league for the  adult players that's sparks for the
game aren't burned out yet. In the past few years the MLL has grown and more and more people go to or watch the games. The teams are made out of the best of the best. BostonCannons, Florida Launch, Charlotte Hounds, New York Lizards, Chesapeake
Bayhawks, Ohio Machine, Denver Outlaws and the Rochester Rattlers.theses are the
lucky eight teams that are in the MLL. And they compite to face the the number one teamin the country, the all star team it's made up of the best players in America. And
throughout the world countries have made lacrosse teams for themselves (for the                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      country).
         Other people think that rugby is the number one growing sport in stead of
lacrosse. Rugby is a sport of football with out gear so no helmet and pads. Full
contacted. Rugby has grown in the past few years but there isn't anuff evidence to say it
has. Lacrosse is the number one growing sport and that and any rugby teams in
college. So I say and technical the ncaa says it's the numbers growing sport