My Best Friend | Teen Ink

My Best Friend

May 13, 2016
By ashley7900 BRONZE, Hemet, California
ashley7900 BRONZE, Hemet, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Your mom , she’s often associated with rules you do not understand and embarrassing moments , but when you break it down , what is your mom to you? Well , my mom is my best friend.


My mom , she was the first person my eyes had seen . She is someone who would go to the ends of the Earth to ensure I had everything I needed and wanted. She is a woman who puts others before herself , she often goes without so her children can have. She is a very caring and loving individual .  When it comes to my mother’s and mine relationship , the first things I think of are laughs, cries , and many days of binge watching cheesy Lifetime movies together and running during commercials to get food or to use the bathroom.


I think of driving around the block repeatedly to hear the rest of “Sweet O’ Mine” by Guns and Roses on the radio. I think of borrowing clothes from one another and going and painting pottery at 8:00 at night. My mom is my best friend, but more importantly she is the best mother a child can ask for. My mom is my biggest motivation , I strive everyday to be at least half the person she is.


I admire my mom . I am so thankful for her everyday .My mom. My best friend. My mom is irreplaceable . I am thankful for the bond my mom and I have . I am thankful I am as lucky to have not only a mother like her , but a best friend like her as well.


The author's comments:

My mom inspired me