Teen essays on a variety of controversial subjects | Teen Ink

Hot Topics

Top voted Hot Topics Articles

Hot Topics
#5361voted by our readers

When you ask me what it is like to be gay, you are asking what it feels like to come out to your friends only to have them change the subject, the air tense with unspoken thoughts...

AyeImoye BRONZE, Dumfries, Virginia
#5363 Hot Topics
purpledinosaur101 BRONZE, Wheat Ridge, Colorado

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

#5364 Hot Topics
NicoleTynez GOLD, Hendo, Kentucky

life is only what you make of it and their are no second chances of life you only got one shot

#5365 Hot Topics
By Reader101 PLATINUM
Amarillo, Texas
Reader101 PLATINUM, Amarillo, Texas

"We're all pretty bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it." -Andrew Clark(The Breakfast Club)

"Lack of format? Not possible in my opinion. Writing is an art, therefore you do you what you want." -b_gomez114

Marcus_Casey BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
#5367 Hot Topics
whitneysl. BRONZE, Unknown, Iowa

He who does not think himself happy will never be so.

#5368 Hot Topics
By dragonbiscuits SILVER
Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
dragonbiscuits SILVER, Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"You cannot acheive peace with violence" -several people

#5369 Hot Topics
princesstruss BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
#5370 Hot Topics
By Maria009 BRONZE
Pheonix, Arizona
Maria009 BRONZE, Pheonix, Arizona