my name is bully | Teen Ink

my name is bully

By ctowle PLATINUM, Claremont, New Hampshire
ctowle PLATINUM, Claremont, New Hampshire

life and love go hand in hand take your fall and hope you land

My name is bully. I can see right through you without even trying. I know your every weakness everything that can tear you down. I know what makes you cry when your alone and yes, I am one of them. I work like a snake slowly squeezing the life out of you. With every name I call with every painful accusation I throw at you, you grow weaker. I feed off of your pain, guilt, and, hatred towards me. Though I know you won’t stand up to me because I am bigger stronger and smarter. Like you I come from a bad family my mother an alcoholic and my father is abusive. I take all my anger out on you because I can because you are weak. I know where I stand I am king of my domain and you a lowly peasant. I see you cry and although I do feel guilt I don’t let it show I show no mercy just like my father. At night I’m haunted by insomnia listening to my parents fight my father bellows and strikes my mother down, she shrieks, I cover my face with my blanket somehow thankful It’s not me this time. The next day I seek you out. You know its coming and yeah you try to hide or run or whatever it is you do. I always find you, always. You never see me coming because I am sly learned from many years of hiding in the basement on weekends when school was no longer my refuge. I hate my life but I hate yours more. This hatred although is what makes me what I am also keeps me going day after day. I will show my father one day when I no longer have you to beat on. But until that day you better watch what you do. Because I will be on the sidelines, in the background waiting for the right time to strike. But one day I will grow up and who knows maybe I’ll turn out like my father but hey maybe not. And you will be in my thoughts my number one regret. I just might learn from my mistakes. My name is bully.