What I Saw In The Mirror | Teen Ink

What I Saw In The Mirror

July 13, 2012
By Syra.Aris SILVER, Ocala, Florida
Syra.Aris SILVER, Ocala, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
If you love something, let it go. If it loves you, it shall come back. If it doesn't, it was never yours.


She sat there and stared me in the eyes. Her grin was so vile and her demented snicker was no better. "Nobody Would Care If You Died," she mocked, "You Are Nobody. You Are Nothing." Her words took my breath away and my heart sank to the bottom of my stomach. I ran to the bathroom and began to cry uncontrollably. Her words played over and over in my head. "My Own Sisters..." I whispered to myself, "Even They Don't Care..." When my vision had cleared, I looked right in front of me into the mirror. What I saw was a mess. A girl with a face as red as a ripe tomato, soaked from tears. Her hair looked like a rat's nest and her stomach wasn't as small as it used to be.7 Had she been made fun of enough? Had she refrained from eating for no reason? Had she infiltrated her adolescent wrists with sharp razors and broken glass without a purpose? They still don't understand what that girl in the mirror was going through. Nobody ever did. Nobody ever would. That girl in the mirror is not what I want to be. Never in my dreams would I have planned that. This is what other people made me. I am that girl in the mirror and I can't change that. I can never change that. Never. Never. Never...