Prologue to: A Friend's Two Sided Knife | Teen Ink

Prologue to: A Friend's Two Sided Knife

January 8, 2014
By BiancaVanGilder SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
BiancaVanGilder SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

What do you do when she's gone? What do you say? All you did was bully her. Made fun of her new glasses she loved. Told her she was fat when she wasn't. Called her ugly when she was beautiful. Told her she was a slut when she was a virgin All you ever did was put her down. Why? Is it because you really didn't like her? Or was it because you lived a similar story? The name calling; the teasing; the never being good enough. And the only way you could get through it all? The only way to not be a victim yourself, was to get your own victim. Make them feel miserable. Make them hate themselves. Make them feel the same way you did. Alone, afraid. Too scared to even show your face. And when she found away to get through it, you called her a suicidal freak because of all the cuts on her arms. When really, that was HER way of getting through the pain. HER way of forgetting. You'll never know how she felt. You'll never know what she was thinking that night. All you know is that she's gone and there's nothing you can do about it. That it's too late to take it all back. And the truth? You actually really liked her. She used to be your best friend.