Ending: A Friend's Two Sided Knife | Teen Ink

Ending: A Friend's Two Sided Knife

January 22, 2014
By BiancaVanGilder SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
BiancaVanGilder SILVER, Clarkston, Michigan
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

It was a cold and rainy day for Spring Grove. Everybody met at the Miller's house for the funeral. Some of them friends. Most of them family. And a small group of kids that didn't really fit into either of the groups. They knew. They knew that this was all their fault, and there was noting they could do about it. It was too late. One of the girls looked over at Mrs. Miller. Her eyes were full of tears. She felt so bad. She wished there was something she could do. Go back and change what happened. Mrs. Miller looked at the casket and started to bawl. This girl was way too young to be laying there. She had a full life ahead of her. So many things for her to do. But all that was ruined by one thing. She started to sob. Lauren couldn't take it anymore. She knew what she had to do. The only thing she could do. She walked to the house, went into the bathroom and locked the door. Her eyes started to water, hands trembling. No one may understand why she was about to do this, but she did. It was only fair. It would make things better. She took the gun out of her purse and raised to her head. She looked at the girl in the mirror for the last time, watching a tear fall from her cheek. Everything went silent, and all anyone could hear was the loud sound of a gunshot.