Sea of Thoughts | Teen Ink

Sea of Thoughts

February 23, 2014
By Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
54 articles 28 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
We accept the love we think we deserve.


She closed her eyes. Her mind was lost in a sea of thoughts.
“Tomorrow is another day,” she kept telling herself. She would be okay. She wasn’t even sure what she felt anymore, but she would be okay. Tears fell from her eyes, not that she could feel them. She wasn’t sad, angry, just numb. She wanted to be lost. She wanted to be done. She wanted to be happy. She needed to be pieces back together. She shivered and sniffled, wiping her eyes on her scarred arm. This shouldn’t be happening. There shouldn’t be blood, or tears, or screaming, or crying. There should be hugs and laughter like old times. She didn’t understand, and she asked her rattled mind what she did to deserve this. It’s easy to feel beautiful when you’re wearing a mask of makeup. She took a deep breath. Spreading her arms, she let the wind push her frail body backwards. Her hair flew up around her face, causing her eyes with a black curtain of silky curls. A few seconds felt like hours to her. She didn’t expect the numbness when she felt the ice cold water slam up into her body. Her thoughts were now blurred, and when she opened her eyes, her vision faded back to black. Her fingers slipped under the surface and the breath that she was holding escaped her pale lips.