When You Catch Me | Teen Ink

When You Catch Me

May 19, 2014
By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
92 articles 0 photos 88 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."


I'm drowning in the after math of the pain. It's red and black and white and gray and it's pulling me under, deeper and deeper. The waves so dense, so harshly cold. I'm shivering in the clothes that cling to me, feeling the waves that no longer hold me wash away the sadness, the fear. Not even the sea wants me, as it pushes the rest of me onto shore. I stagger, I tumble, my heart has never ached so much. I tremble, I quiver, at the cold strokes of wind against my skin. I'm walking alone, as I always have, but I'm used to the silence. fearing myself, only myself, always... myself. But once I'm far down into the pit, I feel your warmth explode. I'm whipped around like a free leaf trembling in a storm. I'm so warm so warm so warm, so godly forsaken to far into your heated body, your arms. You catch me, hold me, and I'm a sobbing mess. The cold water no longer freezes me as you hold me, the pit no longer exists. I cling to you, as you cling to me, holding me from shattering into pieces. I've never felt so loved, so wanted, so needed.
So desired.
So devoured.
I absolutely want to melt into you and feel you at my side. Once a falling leaf in a storm, but now a elegant rose blooming in the spring.
I've been reborn into a new world.