When the Vine Pricks | Teen Ink

When the Vine Pricks

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

I'm tangled in your trap, I'm a prisoner to the world. I've been chained, been whipped, been beaten by your hate. Words sting like fire, brushing my skin and leaving tiny scars. You've hurt me enough, I've suffered, so isn't it enough? Can't you stop, take a step back and admire the damage? The painful ways and devilish smile make me sick, confined, and imprisoned. Your breath is hot and sour, breathing down my neck and body in hidden desire. I'm truly disgusted in what you've become. A monster, a devil.
I'm shaking so bad I'm nearly breaking, shattering in my fear stiffened skin and tense body frame. I feel like running, escaping but the cage won't open. Sobs and tears leak from the edges, you're enjoying this far to much. I know what you want.
You want me to cry, to shake, to beg, to tell you that your words sting so bad, so horribly bad. You're cutting into me like a freshly sharpened knife.
Bleeding me dry.
Killing me slowly.
I hate you, hate you, hate you. Your arms like vine surrounding me and pricking the exposed skin.
Destroy me, I whisper. I've had enough.
I don't want to fight any longer.
You've won, I've given up. Take your flag and go. Leave me here to rot.

Thank you! I really appreciate it

bbylove said...
hey my name is Anaïs and i wanted to tell you your work is amazing. this piece brought tears to my eyes. always a pleahure to read your workl! love yah contact me via kik : anaisrevie