FEED THE GOOD | Teen Ink

FEED THE GOOD

By ReadMaisha BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other
ReadMaisha BRONZE, Hyderabad, Other

An Investment in Knowledge pays the best Interest

Food is an essential part of our life that provides us with nutrients that are vital for the proper functioning of our body, yet knowing this importance we waste a lot of food a day and many people die of hunger.

Poverty is one of the main reasons why people die due to starvation, the poor cannot afford to eat a full day meal and remain hungry for days. The children also have to sleep hungry at times or eat the leftovers that people throw away, which is unhygienic. This is the reason why there are many cases of death by starvation. Children become weak and malnourished and enter the mouth of death.795 million people in the world do not have enough food to lead a healthy active life. One in nine people sleep hungry and 12.9% of the population is undernourished.3000 children die of hunger and malnutrition and 190 million people sleep hungry at night, still we waste 244 crores of food every single day!

It isn’t funny; the food that we waste every day is enough to feed the hungry. We must stop wasting food instead we can donate the leftovers to the poor and needy and can at least feed a couple of people. There is another way in which we can feed the hungry by establishing organisations that collect the leftovers from restaurants and give it to the needy. FEED THE GOOD and DON’T WASTE!

In this article I have highlighted the importance of food and how we waste it.The struggle of the poor an how they die due to hunger is also mentioned.FEED THE GOOD!