Crazy | Teen Ink

Crazy MAG

August 21, 2010
By AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina
AsIAm PLATINUM, Somewhere, North Carolina
48 articles 3 photos 606 comments

Favorite Quote:
"According to some, heroic deaths are admirable things. (Generally those who don't have to do it. Politicians and writers spring to mind.) I've never been convinced by this argument, mainly because, no matter how cool, stylish, composed, unflappable, manly, or defiant you are, at the end of the day you're also dead. Which is a little too permanent for my liking." — Jonathan Stroud (Ptolemy's Gate)


I want to be crazy.

I want to go around at night giving socks to the homeless. I want to stick Post-it notes on public mirrors telling people they are beautiful. I want to give toys to kids who have none. I want to make old people feel young again.

I want to whisper in a guy's ear that the girl on the other side of the room has been watching him all night and he should go talk to her. I want to show the goths and the emos the sunlight in their lives. I want to pay for the guy behind me at McDonald's.

I want to salute a soldier as he walks by. I want to smile at a stranger. I want to buy a random sad-looking person some ice cream. I want to walk up to a homeless man, tell him he won the lottery, and give him a thousand dollars. I want to dance in my pjs singing into a hairbrush in front of a giant crowd, just to make one person laugh.

I want to burst into song while walking the dogs, because it is amazing to be alive. I want to compliment someone nobody notices. I want to give a struggling single mom a makeover. I want to throw money over my head so when people walk where I've been, they feel like the luckiest person in the world. I want to blow up a thousand balloons and let them go in an office building.

I want to see a girl with a disability and drop everything to run to her and tell her she is the most beautiful person in the world. I want to draw a giant rainbow in a school parking lot. I want to stick notes in people's lockers telling them just what they need to hear. I want to show a cranky old man some love.

I want to make a fool of myself, just for the smiles of others. I want to be crazy like that.

Completely. Utterly. Insane.


The author's comments:
We need more crazy people in the world. :)

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 55 comments.


on Oct. 19 2015 at 12:43 pm
LittleRedDeliriousPrince SILVER, Parma Heights, Ohio
7 articles 0 photos 100 comments
I think the last line "Completely. Utterly. Insane." really ties the entire thing together really well. And I'd love to be crazy too.

on May. 20 2015 at 2:52 am
Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other
40 articles 0 photos 87 comments

Favorite Quote:
I slay.

wow your article just lifted up my spirits...I wanna be crazy just like u!!!! and after reading that I hope we all shall hav more crazy (and amazing) ppl like u in d years 2 come...........

on Sep. 18 2014 at 7:55 pm
Tigerlover123, Washougal, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Every girl is beautiful, it just takes the right guy to see it."

i agree. the world would be full of smiles. :)

Tigerlover23 said...
on Sep. 15 2014 at 3:53 pm
I always thought I was crazy apparently not crazy enough. I want to be more crazy!!!!! This was amazing!!! Now I want to do this..

on Jun. 1 2014 at 1:14 am
SecretFlame PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon
20 articles 1 photo 373 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I have a life. I just choose to ignore it."
-one of my friends

Thanks for writing this, i have the same thoughts and it's nice to see that maybe crazy aint really that crazy haha

Love93 said...
on Nov. 26 2013 at 12:47 pm
This is beautiful !! I feel the same way, and It really show how there are still a lot of good people in the world. I'm inspired :)

on Oct. 30 2013 at 3:49 pm
good that reminds me of me when i think about it good job in my eyes u are crazy

on Jul. 21 2013 at 12:32 pm
Isibeal19 PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
26 articles 12 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
*Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.*

This is great! This makes me want to be crazy, too.

on Mar. 18 2013 at 2:13 am
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California
13 articles 1 photo 299 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Beautiful piece, you inspired me :)

on Jul. 15 2012 at 10:54 am
HeatherOlivia GOLD, Solothurn, Other
16 articles 0 photos 86 comments

Favorite Quote:
"All things truly wicked start from innocence." - Ernest Hemingway

 You made me want to go out there and do all of that and then do it again. This article deserves so much credit make sure you get it. Your style of writing is unique and I hope you keep writing and I'll see more of your work some time in the future!

SElahi BRONZE said...
on Apr. 30 2012 at 4:14 pm
SElahi BRONZE, Burr Ridge, Illinois
4 articles 1 photo 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Also, please check out my story, "Hot Chocolate and Hope." I worked very hard and my biggest goal is to get it published in the print magazine. Thanks!

SElahi BRONZE said...
on Apr. 30 2012 at 4:12 pm
SElahi BRONZE, Burr Ridge, Illinois
4 articles 1 photo 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

I love this! If everyone did all of these things, people all over the world would be happier, and the world would be a brighter, more beautiful place. This is very spirited, passionate writing. Keep up the good work!

Dynamo DIAMOND said...
on Apr. 4 2012 at 9:15 am
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other
54 articles 0 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
I used to think falling in love would be personal. But it's all a big public show.

this really wants me to go crazy

Dynamo DIAMOND said...
on Apr. 4 2012 at 9:13 am
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other
54 articles 0 photos 64 comments

Favorite Quote:
I used to think falling in love would be personal. But it's all a big public show.

that was awesome! i wish we could all be insane like that

on Mar. 4 2012 at 8:25 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia
35 articles 0 photos 1398 comments

Favorite Quote:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

So great~ this made me smile. I wish we could all be crazy and insane! The world would be so beautiful:)

on Feb. 15 2012 at 8:50 am
Jellybeann BRONZE, La Jolla, California
1 article 0 photos 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never regret something that made you smile :)
Yesterday was histroy, tommorow is a mystery and today is a gift, that's why its called present.
I love you <3
Your face makes you pretty, your body makes you sexy, but your personality makes you beautiful

I LOVE THIS!!!! Keep up the amazing work!!! You had me caught in your words, they are amazing! If only there were a group of people, known well in the world, who did just these things... imagine how famous and well-known they would be, they could change the world. Makes me smile because i am a crazy girl myself. but i don't do amazing things like these to random strangers. Keep up the amazing work! And I mean it!

on Feb. 13 2012 at 7:30 pm
Deej6595 BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 369 comments

Favorite Quote:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

That's a whole new perspective of crazy.It just makes me want to be crazy like you.

leafy said...
on Dec. 16 2011 at 12:16 pm
leafy, City, Other
0 articles 0 photos 682 comments

Favorite Quote:
Gil: I would like you to read my novel and get your opinion. 
Ernest Hemingway: I hate it. 
Gil: You haven't even read it yet. 
Ernest Hemingway: If it's bad, I'll hate it. If it's good, then I'll be envious and hate it even more. You don't want the opinion of another writer. 

Wow, this is really nice :). Favoriting this ^-^

on Nov. 30 2011 at 6:25 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other
31 articles 6 photos 577 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

This just made my day!!! Amazing, really :)

LaceeJade GOLD said...
on Sep. 29 2011 at 8:50 pm
LaceeJade GOLD, Bucyrus, Ohio
17 articles 4 photos 136 comments

Favorite Quote:
♥ I've made mistakes in my life. i've let people take advantage of me, and i accepted way less than i deserve. But, i've learned from my bad choices, and even though there are some things i can never get back and people who will never be sorry. i'll know better next time and i wont settle for anything less than i deserve. ♥

I Love Thiss:) ITs So Cute and Inspiring!