My Snow Storm Experience in Austin, Texas | Teen Ink

My Snow Storm Experience in Austin, Texas

By ChasePerez BRONZE, Austin, Texas
ChasePerez BRONZE, Austin, Texas

All throughout Austin, there were cars crashed all over roads, houses without electricity and water, and grocery stores emptied out. Never in my life have I ever experienced practically everyone in Austin struggling this much because of weather. Our household went with no water for five days straight which was dreadful. This was the first time my brother and I experienced our house without water which was way worse than I thought it would be. From collecting snow and putting it in the bathtub for water, to traveling on the dangerously icy roads to other people’s houses for showers was incredibly irritating. Another pain about this storm was that the washer would not work, so we had to wear the same clothes for multiple days so we did not use too many clothes. We were practically trapped in our house for a week with our family. At first, it was great to bond and hang out with each other, but by the end of the storm, all of us were losing our minds dying to go do something. On the good side, this snow storm was great to bond with my family and have fun in the snow at the end of the day.

My name is Chase and I am a junior in high school. By submitting my pieces, I am hoping to build my resumé.