Yellow Stone National Park  | Teen Ink

Yellow Stone National Park 

Have you ever been to a national park before? Well, I have, and I can say they are some of the most beautiful places in the world. There is just so much beautiful nature to see. My favorite national park is Yellow Stone National Park. It is not only one of the most beautiful parks but most deadly park due to the massive volcano in the park. It is not the only national park in the world, there are lots of national parks, but Yellow Stone is my favorite. My favorite thing to do in the park is to go camping because there is just so much wildlife there and the night sky is so beautiful. Then go to see the massive geyser that looks like small volcanoes. But are all these national parks enough to save our planet from climate change?  

All around the world forests are being chopped down at an alarming rate but national parks are protected by the government, so trees and animals are ported within these massive parks. I don’t think the parks themselves are enough to save the environment. Here is an example, the Yellow Stone Park takes up 2.222 million acres. This is a lot of lands, yes, but the city of New York City takes up 205,000 acres of land, and the King Fahd International Airport of Saudi Arabia takes up 192,000 acres of land. Which might not seem like a lot of lands. But keep in mind that these are manmade structures and that one of them is an airport. This is insane to think about. Imagine in the future as technology gets better and cities and structures get bigger just how much forest will be left?  

But why are national parks important to the environment? National parks help protect wildlife and plant life. What National parks do is stop poachers from overusing the environment and they try to teach the youth about nature. This is important to teach the youth about the environment so that way they can take over. National parks are good places to go camping in nature or to go on a beautiful hike. There's just so much that you can do in a national park. National parks are also incredibly good for the environment because of all the nature.    

In conclusion, I don’t think only having these few national parks is enough. We need to conserve more than just these parks and you should go donate to one of the national park’s websites to help them save animals and plants. We as a people must do more to protect forests and wildlife to fix this planet. How many more forests must be chopped down and how many more species must go extinct before we act? Without plants what do you think will happen?   

I love nature