Preventing Global Warming | Teen Ink

Preventing Global Warming

Preventing global warming and remembering to recycle isn’t easy, but it’ll be easier than trying to rescue all the sick, abused animals in the world. There are many activists trying to save the world by informing average people about global warming, recycling/pollution, and saving various animals.
GLOBAL WARMING

There are many people who believe that global warming is a hoax; others fully believe in global warming, and get a Nobel Prize for doing so. Fifteen years ago, scientists were more worried about global cooling and about the next ice age; they now are worried about global warming. Earth is warming up either that it’s from the cause of increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere or not. “The acknowledged increase in atmosphere concentration of carbon dioxide is caused by industrial activity or by natural phenomena,” states Dixie Lee Ray.

“Turning your thermostat down one degree over the winter, will save money on your heating bill and will reduce greenhouse gases,” Scott Hanauer, an energy expert says.

RECYCLING/POLLUTION
Recycling doesn’t just mean putting paper into a blue bin. You can recycle by making jewelry from old pieces of glass or unplugging chargers.
Daniel Goch says, “The little things really add up; conservation is the key. Try not to leave cell-phone chargers or things like that plugged in all the time.”

Wynne Copea, the director of waste and recycling for Springfield says that teens are the advertisement for what the people can do for the earth; Taiwan and Japan are good examples.

Taiwan recycles by buying used paper just to make more paper. Japan sells us recycled cars made from twisted metal. The top exports that leave the New York Harbor are scrape iron and wastepaper. Sometimes people mistake waste products as recyclables, which may cause pollution; one type of pollution is poison runoff.
Poison runoff also known as “nonpoint source”, a pollution that’s to distinguish it from traceable and visible source points that are under the Clean Water Act. Poison runoff makes water unsafe to drink, swim or fish in. It seems that hardly no one thinks about the pollution, even those most people help produce it. This is how: When it rains, snows or “irrigation runoff” goes across the land. The water will pick up anything that us people have left- food, lawn shavings, vehicles, and construction- each pollutant follows whichever way the gravity is going, which then takes it to the nearest lake, pond, or stream.
The biggest runoff problem is thanks to agriculture. Forty-four states claimed that groundwater contamination is caused from the farms and ranches in nearby areas. This made it hazardous towards animals, especially endangered species.
SAVING THE ANIMALS

In 1973, there were 109 threatened and endangered species in the United States. In 1995, there were 900 names on it. 3,700 species-animals and plants- may qualify for the ESA (Endangered Species Act) protection.

500 species and subspecies of plants and animals have become extinct since the 1500s.

Ever since the event with the dog fighting and Michael Vick, the awareness of dog fighting all has become popular and people want it to stop. There are many different kinds of animal cruelty that would bring the toughest person to tears. On a daily bases in South Korea, many people kill dogs and cats by cutting their throats and letting them bleed to death while still being conscience. Did I mention? This is happening daily.
Another cruel act is happening in Taiwan, where they drowned fully conscience dogs. They just pile them into a cage and down they go to their death while other dogs watch their fate.
Something I hope Michael Vick never did was snap a Jack Russell Terrier’s leg, then throw it in a cage with a pit bull to its death. This is unfortunately happening in the United States.

So that someone can make a pretty penny, they go out and brutally murder 300,000 baby seals each year so that someone can have a coat. It makes no sense that a shopper would spend money promoting animal cruelty, when they could easily go and get something pleather, and be happy with the purchase.

Speaking of shopping, at any mall, there’s usually that cute animal pet store where all the dogs looks so happy and content. Here’s the thing: they’re not. The cute dog most likely came from Puppy Mills, a breeding kennel that raises dogs and other animals in cramped, unkempt, filthy, disgusting areas. The kennels that the dogs live in are anything from wire mesh cages to tethered leashes connected to trees.
The trip to the pet store isn’t a walk in the park. The dogs are carried in small dirty cages without air conditioning or heating, food or water and without veterinary care. Once the canines finally get to their destination, the conditions there aren’t all that great either. The dogs are kept in small cages, without exercise, love or human handling to control the bad habits. Instead of supporting these horrible businesses, buy from the local animal shelter or pound; every animal bought from the pound or shelter is helping Puppy Mills end.

To make their animal food better, Iams decides to test it on actual animals. The animals go through horrible treatments; some of animals staying for years, until a treatment will “accidentally” kill them. Barry Horne said: "The fight is not for us, not for our personal wants and needs. It is for every animal that has ever suffered and died in the vivisection labs, and for every animal that will suffer and die in those same labs unless we end this evil business now! The souls of the tortured dead cry out for justice, the cry of the living is for freedom. We can create that justice and we can deliver that freedom. The animals have no-one but us, we will not fail them." If more people believed in what Barry Horne said, it would save animal’s lives.

Actually, you are wrong on so many levels. You start off you essay by calling global climate change global warming and dissing scientists who call it global cooling. This makes you sound very incoherent.

Nextly, you say that there is a dispute about whether global warming is caused by green house gasses and C02 or not. This debate is the whether global warming is real debate of five years ago. If you are unsure or even acknowledge a dispute you are just as bad as people who did not believe in global warming.