The World Before Pollution | Teen Ink

The World Before Pollution MAG

Before pollution arose, the air was fresh and crisp, birds flew overhead, and the clouds were pure white. Animals roamed freely and lived as one with nature. Because everyone cherished nature, towering trees and rain forests were plentiful. At this time, mystical creatures inhabited the oceans. Small brooks bubbled and laughed as if praising this majestic land. Many of the gods and goddesses who valued the environment resided here. The god of the atmosphere, Ozone, and the goddess of nature, Natura, preserved the land.

Not far away, neither nature nor the environment was valued. The god of destruction, Smogus, lived here, along with his Pollutioniana, the goddess of murk. They hated the smell of fresh air, and the bright sunlight blinded their eyes. Dark clouds and smog hung over their castle. They dumped waste into the oceans, and few animals survived. One day Smogus decided the land he ruled was not large enough, and his wife agreed. Together they planned a strategy to attack Ozone and Natura's land, eject them from power, and then pollute the world.

As the great battle broke out, many rain forests were destroyed, Smogus spat forth gases that polluted the air, and slowly the atmosphere was destroyed. Many animals lost their homes; heavy smog encompassed the dreary world. Pollutioniana and Smogus had triumphed! The gods and goddesses left their homes and searched for cleaner land.

In the midst of all this turmoil, the goddess of hope, Conserva, refused to leave her home. She stayed in order to encourage the gods and goddesses to fight and boot Smogus and Pollutioniana out of their land forever. Conserva educated everyone on how to clean up the world, recycle, and preserve the land. The inhabitants of the land had a long road ahead of them, but they were willing to undertake the challenge so the world would someday be as perfect as it once had been. n

Kathu said...
It's very intresting

TinkB said...
TinkB, Jackson, Mississippi

Hurtful lol

this is so true and thanks for writing this because before thw world was like this everything was beautiful and clean.