Mental Mindfulness | Teen Ink

Mental Mindfulness

October 26, 2022
By Anonymous

Mental Health issues are snowballing in today's society and this is a big struggle for many teenagers. Going through this can be scary and overwhelming, and many times it feels extremely unrealistic to go to a teacher, parent, or adult, in general, to talk about this. Sometimes, what people need is to understand what they are going through, and realize that they are not alone. Because of this, I became the co-founder and co-president of the Mind Management Club at my school. This student-run club educates and discusses important matters regarding mental health, as well as participating in stress-relieving activities which may be beneficial for one who is struggling. This club also helps plan Mindful Monday activities for students throughout the school to participate in each Monday. These activities are meant to relieve stress and take one’s mind off their thoughts, even just for a few minutes. This club is also a great environment for one to express their emotions as well. Similarly, we work hand and hand with the Social and Emotional Learning committee, allowing students' opinions and thoughts on issues around the school to be directly mentioned to higher officials. Members of my club are even able to attend meetings with this committee and bring light to issues that many students struggle with at school on a daily. My hopes when making this club were to help students who feel stressed, alone, overwhelmed, and to create a sense of solidarity while educating them about current mental health-related issues. I hope I made a difference in at least one person’s life, even if it’s minor.


The author's comments:

This piece means a lot to me as I am extremely passionate about mental health issues. I hope with my club as well as this piece of writing, I made a difference in at least one person's life.