Stop Spewing! | Teen Ink

Stop Spewing!

February 22, 2011
By Anonymous

For some reason, mucus-covered food doesn't really appeal to me. Everyday as I'm sitting down to eat I hear people around me complaining about all the coughing and sneezing around their food. I don't understand why people feel the need to cough or sneeze on other people, or things that people use everyday. The only reason I can come up with for this is that germ-spewers do this because they think that it doesn't bother people. Well, for all you germ-spewers that are reading this and like to cough all over the kid who is about to shove some pizza down his throat, let me tell you, it does bother people!


On a plane to go to Panama, I had to sit by someone I didn't know. As I sat down by them they immediately had this coughing fit, and decided to spew all their germs, spit, and something else (I don't know what it was) in my direction. I instantly turned the other way, and put my shirt over my nose and mouth, wondering why I had to be the one that had to sit there by that germ-spewer.


Another horrifying experience was when I was in line to get lunch when one of my former schoolmates sneezed all over the silverware. I immediately asked "Dude, why couldn't you have just sneezed into your arm, away from the utensils?" He replied saying "Hey I'm sick so calm down" Wow. If he's sneezing because he needs to its still gross but when he sneezes because he's sick, its absolutely repulsive.


Maybe people think its a game, and they just cough or sneeze all over something and then they go stand in a corner and see how many people use that doorknob or use that certain fork. And then as they see them use it they just laugh to themselves thinking "ha ha sucker!". Well I promise you its not cool or funny to do those things. If you don't want to get sick, or get other people sick, next time you have to spew your germs, do it away from everyone please!