Being Beautiful | Teen Ink

Being Beautiful

By narikim95 BRONZE, Tamuning, Other
narikim95 BRONZE, Tamuning, Other

Everyone in the world we live today thinks that being skinny is being healthy and beautiful. Does it really mean that? Everyone’s meaning of being beautiful is different. There are people who range from anorexic to being obese and everything in the middle. I, for one, was always concerned with my weight. I have been called fat, chubby, not beautiful, and everything in between. I understand everyone has this imaginative image of a beautiful person with the perfect size 34-25-34. Everyone in the world can’t achieve that. So what is beautiful? Is being, so called, fat beautiful? Or is being skinny to the bone beautiful? I believe that being beautiful is being comfortable in your own skin. You have to think and believe that you are beautiful and not take people’s negative comment to the heart. The people who say those things are just trying to being you down and feel less than them. All you can tell them is just I am beautiful and don’t tell me otherwise. Please listen to the song Beautiful by Christina Aguilera after reading this and bring your self esteem higher than where it was before you read this. Remember you are beautiful.

Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

Impossible is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try.

This is a really good article. I have always felt embarrased when looking at clothes and when trying them on people seeng the size. You made a really good point... it only matters what you think of yourself.