Eating Disorders | Teen Ink

Eating Disorders

November 5, 2008
By girl,interrupted BRONZE, Smyrna, Delaware
girl,interrupted BRONZE, Smyrna, Delaware
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My Anorexia started in 6th grade. I thought my body was distorted, I thought my food was poison. I had no idea the simple action of restricting would continue on a road to destruction.
I've been to a psych ward, and an eating disorder unit. I've witnessed people who think like I do, look like I do, and do what I do. I slept with an IV, funneling water through my dehydrated body. I slept with a feeding tube shoved unwilling down my nose and throat, nurturing my feeble physique. I slept with my demons.
Anorexia has been branded into my mind, and will stay there forever. On top of the fight with Ana, I have added a new competitor. Bulimia. We don't get along as well as Ana and I, but Bulimia is comforting.
I'm fourteen years of age, but I feel like I've lived a lifetime. I still battle Ed, and so does my family. Each day we face the struggles Anorexia and Bulimia has given me. Each day is a fight to the end.
I want to grow up and be successful. I want to be a mother, I want my children to look up to a healthy and happy woman.
I would never wish an Eating Disorder on my worst enemy. It is the single most devastating experience I have gone through.