Cat Got YourTongue? | Teen Ink

Cat Got YourTongue?

By lulu_kirkland BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
lulu_kirkland BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “Cat Got Your Tongue”, written by Shayli Authier, talks about slowly losing a friend. Her writing left me feeling sad.

When reading Shayli Authier “Cat Got Your Tongue?” I could relate to what she was writing about in some ways. She talks about losing her best friend from a rare blood disorder. She wrote, “Like why the universe made me love James or why it gave him a rare blood disorder that was creeping up on him his whole life.” I have also lost someone because of a rare sickness. There is the same issue of blood disorder in my town and in the whole world. The author is not very clear about what is happening in the beginning of the story. When she says, “Summer still seems to float between spring and parts of spring still stay sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s even spring or if it’s just spring in disguise.” By the end of the story I understood pretty well but some of her writing was still unclear. Shayli Authier wrote “Cat Got Your Tongue?” pretty well.